Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Salmon Forecasts Look Good
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]OLYMPIA, WA—Washington salmon anglers could see another great year of chinook and coho salmon fishing, according to recent forecasts released by the state's Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW). [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]The WDFW says forecasts for Columbia River upriver chinook salmon stocks appear to be much stronger than in 2003, and returns of Lower Columbia River hatchery fall chinook are expected to be strong enough to provide harvestable numbers of fish for coastal and in-river fisheries.[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]The WDFW says Puget Sound chinook populations, which have protection under the federal Endangered Species Act are also improving in several rivers. Despite this optimistic forecast, the WDFW says fishing opportunities will likely be more restrictive this summer.[/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Thats good news! I'll have a better chance of getting my share when I go up there this summer. Al
[signature]