Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2004 Kids Fishing Derbys (Post them Here)
Well I am happy to say that the kids are in for another treat.

I just received my Fishing Kit from Wal-mart Hooked on fishing International.

so I am going to rant and rave a bit....

this year in the fishing contest; [ul] [ul] [li]kids attending one of the thousands of derbys nation wide will have the privlage or getting their hands on and testing Zebco's Newest modle of the 202 (and ya never know, one lucky caster at each event may even go home with one) [ul] [li]Zebco 202 Rad Cast Spin Cast combo [ol] [li]Authentic 202 Reel with a single crank [li]Star drag [li]Percision die cast aloy gears [li]Quick set anti-reverse pick-up pin system [li]Built in hook keeper at the base of the reel under the crank [li]Cromed Plated front cover [li]spooled with ten pound test line[/li][/ol] [li]Rod [ol] [li]Rad Cast 5'.0" [li]Ergonomic Grip[/li][/ol][/li][/ul] [li]some lucky anglers will receive as door prizes depending how the events are set up a 110 yard spool of Trilene smooth cast 8 pound test. [li]Many events will have Kool-Aid Brand Tropical Punch for partisapants to wash down the taist of victory from just having a great time at these events.[li]each partisapant will receive a weather resistant Knot Tieing card with the how to... [ul] [li]step by step of a Trilene Knot with graphics [li]step by step of a Palomar Knot with graphics[/li][/ul] [li]one lucky angler will win a loaded tackle box ready for crappie, Bass, Trout, and Panfish [ul] [li]Jig heads [li]various plastics - Paddle bus worms split tails [li]Poppers [li]stringer [li]bobbers [li]hooks [li]pamplet covering Fishing Tips [li]Lead Free sinkers[/li][/ul] [li]each partisapant may receive a styrophome bobber [li]each partisapant may receive a Bandaid brand boo boo cover [li]each partisapant may receive a Repel insect mosquito repellent wipe with 30% DEET (a new porduct just coming on the market this year for Sportsmen) [li]every partisapant will receive this year a pamphlet "World's Best Fishing Tip For Kids" [li]a luck hook from Eagle Claw[li]every partisapant will receive a 9 inch sticker measuring tape good for mounting on a tackle box, boat seat, or just laying in the box for user's prefference. [li]Each derby will have a despenceer of Purell Brand Hand Sanitizer (kills 99.99% of Germs)(Non Toxic) the display will have a leaflet for any one who may have questions seeking answers before trying the product.[/li][/ul] [li]every partisipant has an oppertunity to enter the National contests.... [ul] [li]zebco casting contest and entering a drawing for a $1,000.oo U.S. Savings Bond [li]Fuji Film is once again sponcering teh catch and release photo contest with the grand prizes of a $1,000.oo savings bond runner up prizes $500.oo savings bond second runner up prize $250.oo savings bond [li]Wal-Mart I cAught a fish contest with prizes of first $500.oo wal-mart shoping card second prize $250.oo shopping card and third prize $100 card[/li][/ul][/li][/ul]

And who knows what other prizes may be waiting at these events????? Sponcered by local bait shops and sporting centers....
[signature]
way cool !
[signature]
the kids derby that will be held is on Saturday, August 7th in the Gladstone harbor as part of the Bays Classic Walleye Tournament. It's free to kids between 3 and 16. Registration begins at 10:30, fishing between 11 and 1. It is also free to fish.

whoops ! let's try that again ;

Sat 7/31 Gladstone Lagoon/Harbor 12-3 Gladstone Rec Dept

Sun 8/1 Up Fair Grounds Kids Activities throughout the day including fishing at the DNR pocket park, not sure on the time

8/7 Derby for kids at Gladstone Harbor Registration begins at 10:30, fishing between 11 and 1 .

sorry about that guest , but i hope the information is a help to you .
[signature]
gald you caught that Lonehunter... I had been on the st clair river the last couple days looking for the last entry for [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=120787;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][#333366][size 1]The Ultimate 16 Species Fishing Contest 2004[/size][/#333366][/url][size 1] [/size] I dont mind telling ya it has been a long and gruling wait [url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url] and I've enjoyed every minute....
[center]as a service to any one looking to take a kid fishing this weekend or any weekend for that matter please click on the bobber below and enter a zip code to find the nearest kids derby near you sponcered by Wall Mart Kids Hooked On Fishing International Derby.[/center] [center][url "http://www.kids-fishing.com/Locator/"][Image: DerbyLocatorButton5.jpg][/url] [/center]
[signature]