Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pier fishing
I haven't fished the ocean in years, but am interested in starting again, primarily from piers such as Cayucas and San Simeon. Is the fishing any good??? I recently heard on the news that the entire west coast is now only "fair" as far as fishing goes. If there is a chance of catching anything, what is the current method of rigging and bait??? Thanks for the assist...<br><br>OBG
Hello OBG,<br>Welcome to the boards! Although I'm not familiar with the area where you are, you came to the right place. There's definitely many knowledgeable anglers in this board that should be able to give you the low-down, good luck to you, keep us posted on your success in that area!<br><br>[laugh] How about a good laugh?<br><A HREF="http://www.bigfishtackle.com/comics.htm " target="_new">http://www.bigfishtackle.com/comics.htm </A> <br><br>Mike H
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
OBG, the pacific coastline is a vast area that holds many species of fish to fill your freezer. A few that come to mind are, Surf Perch, Pacific Cod, Greenling Cod, Sea Bass, Rock Cod, Flounder, and many more. Some natural baits that come to mind are Mussels, Clams, Peeled Cooked salad Shrimp, Piling Worms, SandShrimp, Herring, and Squid. For artificials I would recommend lead head jigs with plastic imitations resembling Grubs, Worms, Etc. The natural baits can be rigged with 30 inch hook leader and a sliding sinker on mainline although there are a number of ways depending on the fishing habitat your at. Most jigs can be tied directly to your mainline. As to hook size, weight and line test, that will be determined by tide, depth, size of bait, current if any ( channel water ) and approx. size of species fishing for. Knowing which species feeds on the low or high tides will also greatly increase your success. I know this info is largely vague, but should give you some ideas for your fishing success. And welcome the BFT. I have received alot of great info here, so keep posting your Questions and you may also have some great info to pass on. <br><br>Gamakatsu &lt;*(((&gt;{<br>