Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Fool
A couple of weeks back I went ice fishing with some friends down to Lost creek here in UT. The trip down the dam was steep and well packed but I almost slid on my big bottom if it was not for my ice spikes keeping on the hill. So after a good day of fishing I thought I would go up the other side of the dam that was less steep but not packed. I have used that side before and it was easier. So up I and my two friends went. about a 1/4th of the way up my buddies turned around and went back down. I, on the other hand continued, WRONG move. I ended up crawling up on my hands and knees and was worn out when I was done. The other guys were waiting for me once I got up. They let me know that going up the packed steep section was a lot esier than the less steep soft section I crawled up. Next time I will take the road mostly traveled, at least in the snow![Smile]
[signature]
i have found that to be so true i had to crawl my way up a little 50' dam that i kept sinking into my waist it was the worst climp i had out of a lake this year
[signature]
that goes for walking up sand dunes as well... so if ya are ever caught in the desert or on lage beach fronts.....
[signature]
never saw much sand dunes on the beaches in CA. were i was living but what made it hard was the HEAT man did that sand get hot we would see who could walk to the water and be the last to break out running for it
[signature]
Over here on the western shores of michigan we have some dunes. big ones at that.

and how!!!! that sand gets hot!!! hot enough to fry a fish on in july and agust.....

some of the dunes are the play grounds of hang gliders and dune buggies.... more so now are the three and four wheeled orv's... at least they dont scare the fish...

as a youth I used to climb the dune just to watch the bigger kids jump off the steep side of the dunes and soar over lake michigan for hours before landing. On a good day the hang gliders would go back and forth over the coast. I just sat there and watched in aw....

we did get som pretty big waves, but nothing big enough to surf on.
[signature]
i've heard the great lakes being as big as they are can produce some good size waves is there any where along the shore that the waves ever do get big enough to surf ?
[signature]
I have seen a number of boards on the shores when I was there,

the great lakes dont get tidal waves, it waves are generated more so by freighters and winds. when conditions are tight we do get 5-9 foot waves....
[signature]
5' to 9' sounds cool i'll have to head up theresome day and do a combo fish and surf trip
[signature]