Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing with senkos
[size 5]Exposing the Texposed Rig[/size]
[Image: senkotexp.jpg]1. Insert point of hook straight through nose of bait and bring the point out of the bait approximately ¼ to ½ inch back.

2. Slide hook all the way through the bait, stopping when the offset bend has entered it. Turn the hook 180 degrees at this point.

3. Line up the hook alongside the Senko to figure out where the best insertion point is going to be, and force the hook straight through to the other side, and allow the hook point to ride right against the body of the bait.

4. Finished rig should look as shown, with bait straight and hook point laying flat along the top.
[size 5]“Wacky” Rigging[Image: senkowacky.jpg]1. Select the size of Senko you want to wacky rig with. Often, the smaller 4 inch size is used.

2. Bend the Senko in half to find the middle point.

3. Insert the hook straight through the center of the worm, bringing the hook out the other side.

4. Finished wacky rig should look as shown, with the hook perfectly centered in the middle of the bait.
The “Senko Jig”
[Image: senkojig.jpg]
1. Line up the jighead next the Senko in order to determine the exact location of where the hook will exit the bait when threaded through the center, as shown.

2. Start inserting the hook point through the front of the Senko, “threading” it through the center of the bait.

3. Begin poking the hook point out of the bait at the location determined in Step 1 and complete the insertion of the jighead's anchor.

4. Finished Senko jig should look as shown, neatly rigged with no kinks or bulges in the body of the bait [center][size 5]Versatile Senko[/size][/center]

Well, there you have it. Three tried and true ways to fish the unique Senko, and as you can see, it is a lot more than just a “plain Jane” sinking soft jerkbait. Whether you are fishing shallow or deep, thick cover or open water, or pursuing active or reluctant fish, the Senko can produce for you. Gary Yamamoto has started a revolution with these incredible baits, and it doesn't look like the bass seem to mind! whether you are fishing a one-acre pond or Lakes, so grab a bag of Senkos and hit the water. You won't be disappointed[/size]
[signature]
I'VE GOT A FEW PACKS OF THEM IN MY TACKLE BUT I'VE YET TO USE THEM. MAYBE I'LL GIVE THEM A TRY. JUST WONDER HOW WELL THEY WILL WORK IN STAINED WATER.
[signature]
stick with lighter colors and glitter flakes to help get there attention,also try some different types of retreves and let the bait work for you not you working the bait i looking at some new hooks that have weights one them that are lower on the shaft than normal should work very well with the senko
[signature]
I'VE BEEN WONDERING HOW I USE THOSE THINGS. THAT IS A GREAT HELP. THANKS
[signature]
how you catch a bunch and one for me. working on some more to list how like them too.
[signature]
How would you fish the "Senko Jig"?
[signature]
You can use it in any normal way that you would use a regular jig under a bobber, by itself or even fish it sloooooooooooowly along the bottom.
[signature]