Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nevada license change
I just got this reply from NDOW and figured somebody would also like to know about this. [font "Arial"][size 2]The nonresident Colorado River fishing license has been repealed and is no longer offered. This was the only water-specific license offered by NDOW, and caused us more administrative burden than we could continue to justify. The nonresident annual fishing license or short-term permit to fish will replace this license. [/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Nevada will sell Nevada special use stamps for $3 for Nevada licenses or permits to be used for fishing on the bi-state waters or the Arizona shores.[/size][/font]
[signature]
yah i couldnt find it anymore, figured it had gone by the wayside . . .

sm
[signature]
This makes things a little more interesting. Either buy a Arizona license for Lee's Ferry and spend 3 more so I can fish Mead or spend $90 for a Nevada license, extra pole stamp, and trout stamp and explore a new state. Who know what I'll do but it looks like I'll be eating more fish.
[signature]
thats exactly what I said when my license went from 7 to 27 here in michigan. (resident)

shhhh, at three times the price my fishing license still cost less than the fish sticks I buy at the store and taist better too....[Tongue]
[signature]
You are right on that one Davetclown. Anything tastes better than frozen fish sticks. I think we should write a letter to Gordons and Mrs. Pauls to tell them to start using Bluegill fillets in their fish sticks. At least they would have some better flavor to them.
[signature]
have you read the ingrediants on the box of fish sticks latly?

it used to say cod, now it says fish parts. cant get two sticks in the box to taist the same. no matter how you stack um thay are not a box of chocolates....

do me a fovor, dont let them know about the gills, they will start gill netting them too.[pirate]
[signature]
Who knows! They may even switch to useing carp meat. Then they can still claim fish parts.[crazy]
[signature]
In fact, some actually DO use carp already in their frozen fish products. There is a lone commercial fishing entity on Utah Lake that harvests carp commercially and sells them to at least one major frozen fish product company.
[signature]
When I lived in Utah, I used to think that Willard Bay was the carp capital of the world. There was alway plenty there.
[signature]
well since you mentioned it I thought the last time I et a gordens fish stick I could have swarn I taisted carp meat.....[shocked]
[signature]
You guys make me laugh but it wouldn't surprise me if it was carp and chubs.

With my little problem I guess it depends on which area I go fish first. Lee's Ferry trip is coming up soon and Mead hasn't picked up yet. $50 for a Colorado license in Arizona(if that's still around) and $3 bucks to kill all the fish in Mead, it would be interesting.
[signature]