Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Kapowsin, WA
I was there on Saturday 03/20/04, 3 hours at the dock at the boat launch. I tried spinbait, wedding ring, then good oldfashion worms, no luck. The water still has a brown tint to it, but I did notice a lot less garbage littering the shore. Must have been some scouts that cleaned up the place. Weather was good, overall I would rate the place good. A big improvement from last years visit.
[signature]
Hi Bensdad,
This is a small world, I used to live near Kopowsin lake and work at an O'neils market that was near there. Was it crowded at all? I once skipped school and went fishing up there as a senior many years ago. Can you tell me if "Shapes of Clay" is still in business? Thanks
[signature]

Hey there bensdad,

Hi there, Welcome to BFT and the message boards. The wedding ring gag was in the spirit of our boards. But you know that if you've lurked our site. We have many people who hang around and never post. If they knew how friendly we were, they'd have new member under their board name too!

Again, Welcome,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello there bensdad, Thanks for sharing your report with us and welcome to the fine art of posting here on the boards. I see you've been a member for awhile but I would like to Welcome you to the boards anyway.

I look forward to future reports of yours. It is always nice to hear what is going on in other parts of the country.
[signature]
Is "Shapes of Clay" near the Orville Rd E & Lake Kapowsin intersection? I am not familiar with them. The dock wasn't too bad, I was able to get the end of the right side to me and my 5 year old. I was told that the lake was bought out by some logging company from Puget Power (PSE) and they are going to be putting in a new boat ramp. Hopefully they will keep it to battery powered or no motor boats.
[signature]
I forgot exactly where they are, somewhere over in that neck of the woods. One more question from home, Is O'Neils still on the corner before the lake? I forgot the street names, it has been too long. Thanks,
[signature]
I'll be heading back down there this weekend. I'll see about O'Neils and report back. I will also be stopping at Ohop Lake and Rapjohn Lake. I hear Rapjohn has good trout fishing.
[signature]
I used to fish Kapowsin a lot. It's one of my dads favorive spots. Now that I live in Utah, I only get up ther once a year. Usually the first part of Sept. My dad and I {he's now 81} still fish it every year. What his trick is, is we either take his boat or rent one at Ericksons, and use an electric motor. We leave Ericksons and head down toward the Island. All we use is half a nightcrawler with no weight. We troll just fast enough to get action out of the night crawlers. We each usually have a fish or two by the time we get to the island. Then we troll past it and make a wide circle and come back the same way. There have been countless times we seen fisherman that have been there for hours with out a bite. We have always left with our limits in time to have lunch at the tavern. Which has now burnt down. So now we go back to Orting. Give it a try. Half a nightcrawler threaded on the hook leaving about 3/4" of a tail and troll just barley fast enough to get action. The speed is real critical. My dads motor had variable speeds any mine had slow, med, fast. If we took my motor, we came home without fish. Good luck. Al
[signature]
Hey bensdad, I need to move this report to the State page that it pertains to. Just wanted to let you know so that you can find it in the future. I will move it on Monday morning.

From your friendly Moderator.
[signature]
Well, I didn't fish Kapowsin last weekend, but I did a drive-by. I only say the Kapowsin Ale & Grill, and the Shell station across the street , the other buildings looked like they were about to fall down. I fished at Alder Lake and didn't have much luck. The wind was blowing quite strong, Lost 2 wedding rings on the logs. I will be checking out Lake Bonney this weekend.
[signature]
hey there bensdad, haha i was talkin with little ben and we was talkin books. fishin books well i lost where i was talkin with him now, hha i told him i,d look oin my cellar, cleanin house anyway, well tell him fer me to look in the "buy, sell, trade" donate," section here. there,s a section on ebay, says, fishin books fer sale there looked like good ones, but i,ll still look at some of my old ones i got too. glad to see you two on aboard. later[Smile][Wink]
[signature]