Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knot Tying
Well....I figured that there are lots of ways to tye a knot when fishing so I would like to hear what good nice knots they use THAT DONT COME OFF lol

[pike]
[signature]
hey

i would have to say the knot that i use has never failed on me. It is the Palomar knot. and i have never experienced a break with it. It is a very good knot for trolling to fishing thick cover. I also think it works best with braided line such as fireline.
[signature]
gotta go with punkbass learn to tye the palomar you will never have one unravel a quick tye and near 100% knot strength can't go wrong
[signature]
I LOVE THE TRILENE KNOT THATS WHAT I CALL IT BECAUSE IT SHOWS YOU HOW TO TIE IT ON EVERY BOX OF TRILENE FISHING LINE. I HAVE YET TO HAVE IT COME LOSSE. ALSO ALWAYS WET YOUR LINE WHEN PULLING YOUR KNOTS TIGHT NO MATTER WHICH ON YOU USE. IF LYOU LOOK IN THE TACKLE SECTION OF YOUR LOCAL SUPER STORE YOU MAY FIND A KNOT TIYING GUIDE.
[signature]
[Tongue] One of my favorite tricks is to tie a palomar, then put a drop of superglue on it. Instant 100% knot strength...
[signature]
If you only want to learn one knot, the palomar knot is the one to know. I use the uni knot more often because it is a little quicker for me, I can ty it without looking and it just as strong or stronger for the #4 & 6# mono I normally use. I know the uni knot is just as strong or stronger because I have tested the knots head to head and the uni knot comes out on top more often than the palomar knot. The improved clinch knot and other knots that I have tested don't even come close in strength to the palomar or uni knot. I also use the rapala knot on a regular basis when I want better action but I'm fishing a larger diameter line.
[signature]
here is a great website for knots!

[url "http://www.marinews.com/fishing/fk_main.htm"]http://www.marinews.com/fishing/fk_main.htm[/url]
[signature]