Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feasting after Fishing
For many people, fishing is more than just a sport -- it's a way of putting food on the table.

But before you make your catch tonight's dinner, heed this advice from the Virginia Department of Health:

Eat smaller, younger fish, because they're less likely to contain harmful levels of contaminants.
Remove the skin, the fat from the belly and top, and the internal organs before cooking the fish.
Bake, broil, or grill on an open rack to allow fats to drain away from the meat.
Discard the fats that cook out of the fish.
Eat less deep-fried fish since frying seals contaminants into the fatty tissue.
[signature]

Hey there TubeN2,

Good advice. On the way home from my various boat trips, I pass by a Tommy's Burgers place and check there menu. Darn they never seem to have what Virgina is talking about so I just settle for Chili Cheese Fries! My bad luck! Dang!

To readers that have not had this food of the gods.... you probably haven't eaten in southern California! ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
That is so true. I can't resist Tommys or In and Out after a good day of C&R. It is like the iceing on the cake after doing such good deeds.

It is kind of odd the the Virginia DOH would make such suggestions. I have been out there and couldn't find a McDonalds with English muffins. Every breakfast sandwich is on a bisquit. They even have bisquits and gravy on the Mickey Dees menue.
[signature]