Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Table Rock Lake
Lake level : 919.1<br>Main lake : 58 - 64 degrees<br>HOOK's Guide Service<br>417-338-BASS(2277)<br>The water has warmed-up in a hurry and a good number of fish have started bedding. Saw beds in anywhere from 2 down to 9 feet in the Indian Point area today. They can be caught on Mojo rigged plastics like finesse worms, floating worms, gitzits, and grubs. Some fish will take a stickbait earlier in the day. I'm catching my better fish using stickbaits on secondary points. Swimming a grub is also producing. Use shad colors with some silver or blue flake.<br>Good Fishing!<br><br><br>
How was the water color? I talked to a couple of guys that fished down past the dam last weekend and said that it was chocolate milk. I would have to assume it is better between Indian Point and Shell Knob. I keep eyeing the weather and wonder if it is going to push those fish out a little over the weekend. It would be nice to see some bed fish AND hit the fish that are hanging on those secondary points. It is always a good thing to have a few options. I have not had any success with a jerkbait. Any advice on how to fish it? It just doesn't seem like I am getting the bait into the strike zone. How deep should it be setting on the pause? I'll take any advice on this as long as it is free.<br><br>
Hi,<br>Just saw your post. I always keep going back to the basic twitch-twitch-pause action. The only question is how long to pause the bait. General rule of thumb, the colder the water, the longer the pause. I know some guys that let the bait sit 30 - 60 seconds between twitches. I generally don't wait that long. You need to watch your bait, or at least the line to detect hits.<br><br>