Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"O" Rings ... What a way to save SENKOS!
I started using "O" rings a couple of years ago and still have some SENKOS left! These things are awesome when "wacky" rigging'em. Anyone else use them?
[signature]
[size 2]I want to use them, but don't know where to find them. You are talking about RUBBER "O" Rings, right??[/size]
[signature]
YUP

Take a senko to the hardware store with you and ask the folks there to point you in the rubber "o" ring direction. The Oring has to fit tight. Then take the hook and just slip the point of the hook between the bait and the o-ring. BAM! Instant SENKO-SAVER!
[signature]
[#ff00ff][size 2]Thanks UTBASS![/size][/#ff00ff]

I didn't want to slip the hook through the Senko, seems it would rip faster if I did.

I guess my next trip out, will be with me and some tackle. I have some Gulp! Sinking minnows too that I wanna do that with!
[signature]
This tip was mentioned in one of my outdoor's magazines (can't remember which one). I'm lookin' forward to getting some o-rings to use on the 7" Senko's I found today.

I've never tried wacky-worming for the simple fact of easily tearing the worm into two pieces.
[signature]
[cool][#800000][size 2]Hi there FisherMom,[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 2]We had a discussion about this subject a while back. Some pics were included as how to do the rigging. Believe the post was originally started by me re: Wacky worm.[/size][/#800000]
[signature]
I use the Oring all the time. I was a plumbing and electrical contractor for many years and found out a long time ago that the faucet grade Orings were the best for that purpose one the worms.

Just before bass season started I stocked up on lots of Orings. They are not necessarily a one size fits all because different worm manufacturers have different sizes of worms.

I would suggest taking some of your worms with you when you go to buy them unless you are good with a dial caliper.
[signature]