Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gulp Worms
[unsure]Tried the free Gulp Worms and wasn't impressed with the action of the tail.Only fished it for half an hour, but didn't hook up.I'll keep trying them through the year but I'm not ready to throw out the sencos yet.
[signature]
I FISHED THEM LAST YEAR AND ONCE THISA YEAR HAVE YET TO GET A BITE ON THEM. THINK I'LL STICK WITH THE REGULAR POWERBAIT.
[signature]
I too haven't got a bite on them yet.
[signature]
I haven't caught any freshwater fish yet with them but I have caught 1 particular saltwater species. The speckled Sea Trout.
[signature]
i plan on trying mine wednesday let you know how it goes
[signature]
I picked up some of the black ones. I want to see how well those work.
[signature]
I talked to a guy at Capra's and mentioned the no-luck that you guys have been having with the Gulp Worms. He said he loves using them. Said every time he threw one in, let it slow sink and dead stick, he's turn around for a few seconds and his line would start moving.

He suggested trying the Gulp Minnows if the worms aren't working.
[signature]
I PAID FOR MINE SO I'LL KEEP TRYING THEM MAYBE I'LL GET IN THE RIGHT SITUATION AND CATCH SOMETHING ON THEM. WISHED I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SITE BEFORE I BOUGHT THEM I PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE. ONE THING YOU DARN SURE CAN'T DO IS LEAVE THEM AN YOUR HOOK TILL YOUR NEXT FISHING TRIP THEY KINDA DRY UP.
[signature]
Hey

I FINALLY got my gulp sample in the mail. It took like 2 month. I think im goin to be fishin this weekend so i'll have to try them out and see if i have any luck[Wink]
[signature]
[size 2]If they dry out...sit them in water.....totally covered. They COME BACK TO LIFE![/size]

[size 2][/size]

[size 2]no, I havent really been able to fish with mine either.. but I have had to revived a few![/size]

[size 2][/size]

[size 2]but a friend of mine online swears by them. he even caught trout on little pieces on a hook, to mimic a maggot or scud I guess.. I have heard that the sinking minnows rigged wacky are good.[/size]
[signature]
So how'd it go? Any luck with them?

There's an article about "bio-degradable" baits, including these "Gulp" products in the March 2004 issue of Field & Stream starting on page 25. Interesting thing is, Exude claims that theirs will dissolve completely but they aren't mentioned in the article.
[signature]
never made it out that day on the bright side they sent me another sample so now i have a sample of them all but the turtle back worm
[signature]
hey
i was out fishing today. and i tried the gulp 6" night crawler. not a bit of luck[Sad]
[signature]
I received a package of Gulp 3# fry. Purple color. One particular spot I fish for largemouth at I get hit almost every other cast. I have used the whole package almost already. I caught 8 lmb in 2 hrs on my last outing using the same gulp worm. It was all tore up and they still hit it. They out fished every other soft plastic in my tackle box at this one fishing hole. It may just be that I am showing them something different. If you arent getting bites try downsizing. Peace !!!
[signature]
The question which hasn't been brought up yet is:

Are the bass biting on other types of worms when they're not biting on the Gulp? If not, maybe we shouldn't blame our skunking on the Berkeley products.
[signature]
I MAINLY USE BERKLEY POWERBAIT AND TEAR UP THE BASS ON THEM BUT I HAVE NOT HAD I BITE OF ANY KIND ON THE GULP. I TRIED THEM SEVERAL TIMES WHEN THEY CAME OUT. I FIGURED IF THE REGULAR POWERBAIT WORKS SO WELL THE GULP SHOULD WORK GREAT TOO. WELL SO FAR I'VE BEEN WRONG.
[signature]