Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanish-fluorocarbon
I used this for the first time last year with good results.<br>This year, I bought a spool to use it as a tippet material for flyfishing.<br>I've heard bad things about deterioratiuon and poor memory, anybody spool reels with this material??<br><br>I attach a 3-foot pierce to my flyline as a leader. My leader is supposed to be clear, and next to the Vanish, my leader looks tinted........ Its almost invisible in water..<br><br>[laugh]
I just bought a spool of 10# Vanish to use a s leaders when I fish for 'butts in Humboldt bay... side by side I see a difference in the water.<br>Now all I need is <br>A. some better weather<br>B. Some fish that don't suffer from lock jaw. lol<br><br>
I spooled my reel with 8 lb. Vanish and didn't have any problems. I've heard of complaints on deterioration, but didn't experience such over one season of use. I've since, because of cost, switched to Cabela's No-Vis for lures and their Vivid, with about four feet of No-Vis as a leader, for bait.<br><br>
I love it, best line I have used to date. I personally didnt expirience deterioration problems, in fact as I understood it, flourocarbon is such a tightly condtructed line it has less air pockets and its makeup is less prone to chemical and solar deterioration, making it last up to five times as long as an eqivilent mono. Who knows? I just know I love it. In addition to flourocarbon, I am trying out yo-zuri hybrid line. So far it is an excellent line as well.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER
What a lot of guys are doing is spooling up with 25-30# spectra type line and only using the F.C. as a leader.\<br>The Spectra casts like a dream and you only need a 2-3 ft peice of FC.<br><br>
Have tried it as leader material in the surf - fishing artificals - and found its abrasion resistance to be fairly poor. I use Seaguar FC for leader material now. Much more expensive, but I don't have a breakoff problem anymore.<br><br>