Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Mile Road 3/29/04
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Well I loaded up and headed for Lake Mead. I got there about 8:00 AM, the wind blowing to hard to launch my boat so I hit shore. I loaded one with chovie just off the bottom and threw lures with another. I started out with a Buzzbait (white skirt/silver blade), within three casts I had the first smaller Stripper, about 19" worth. Then nothing for a while, I tried just about everything in my box. I thought about walking the shoreline but I didn't want to wander to far from my chovie rod. The chovie rod hadn't even made a peep. About 10:30 I decided to tie on the Buzzbait again. After about 4 casts I picked up my first Mead Black Bass (15" worth). The very next cast in the same area I caught the 22" Stripper. After a little while mister Game Warden came down for license check, and mentioned "that could be all the fish for the day" and he was right. Not so much as a twitch from any lure or the choves. I headed for home around 12:30. Had a good time for 4 and a half hours, even though I didn't put my boat in the water. Maybe next time. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]

[url "file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/8%20Mile%20fish.JPG"][/url]
[signature]
good job, good fish, nice pictures ! thanks for the report!

[cool]

sm
[signature]
Nice report. Looks like the fishing is starting to pick up.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Just a side note, the 22" Striper and the Black Bass had bellies full of fish, not much of anything else that I could see. The smaller Striper had an empty stomach. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]