Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Repairs
Can anyone recommend a reputable outboard repair business. My motor started leaking gas out of the carburator and I want to get it looked at. I'm not looking for a "bargain". Just a qualified dealer that will do the work for a fair price. I don't wanna get ripped off taking it to someone at random.

Later,
Mark
[signature]
Bob Bradley Marine in Las Vegas. Near Oakey and Western. phone: 702-384-1070.
Extremely honest with integrity and only quality work. Bob Bradley have repaired several "head scratchers" for me over last 8 years.
They get really booked up in the spring. Talked to Victor last week and they are at one month lead time. Maybe you could fix this yourself with some advice from them and a carb. gasket kit.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Yeah Telbone, I posed this question to a few friends of mine and all they gave me was a couple of names who not to take your motor too. Sorry not much help, I'll keep asking around. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I've done a bit of asking around myself and most guys seem to think it should be easy to fix. Basically take the carb apart, clean it and put it back together. I've done quite a bit of work on cars in the past so I don't think it's beyond me, I was just hesitant because I have no manual or experience with outboards. I looked up a schematic of my motor and it shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably get a rebuild kit as well. No reason I shouldn't since I'll have it apart anyhow. I haven't checked the rebuild kit for my motor, but they're usually pretty cheap.

I'll let ya know how it goes. If cleaning/rebuilding the carb doesn't work then I'll bring it in to someone.

I'll let you guys know how it goes....

Later,
Mark
[signature]