Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warning
If you are a Crappie in lake sinclair I will catch you and eat you
[signature]
Nice slab Jim, how many did you catch this weekend? I headed up to lake lanier and caght a 3 pound spotted bass and a 5 pound largemouth. Sucks I didnt have a camera with me, I thought the largemouth was going to me a spotted bass! A 5 pound spotted bass would be a wall hanger since the world record is like 9 pounds. Anyways once I got a free weekend I need to go get in on the crappie action with you! Where you hitting the docks are on the moose club dock?
Matt
[signature]
yeah a 5 pound spot would be a wall hanger. that is surprising that you caught a nice largemouth in lanier in that their largemouth population isn't very good according to the locals I speak with. I'm biased, having grown up in central Georgia I prefer the Largemouths to the Spots. But...and this is a big but. I find Smallmouth to be the most appealing of all...and I'll tie it in by asking you point blank, are there smallmouth in lanier or not?

some locals have told me there are. others have said no. I know the water is cold enough for them. water coming out of buford dam is nearly arctic even during summer.

also, i was told that there are some shoal bass in the chattahoochee down below buford dam
[signature]
Lanier is full of spots and largemouth, Ive fished lanier all my life and have never caught a smallie but that dosent mean they arnt there. Ive seen trout caught out there, my cousin caught two rainbows a few years ago. Im going up there tomorrow night so I'll get on the water saturday, I'll make sure I take my dads camera with me so I can please some people with pictures of fish.
[signature]
[url "http://lanier.sam.usace.army.mil/FishSpecies.htm"]http://lanier.sam.usace.army.mil/FishSpecies.htm[/url] nothing about trout or smallmouth. But I have seen some trout close to the Chestatee River part of lanier so I wouldnt be surprised if there is smallmouth as well. I agree totally about stripers eating trout, the spots Im sure have a feild day on them too. I pity the unlucky trout that go down river and find there way into lanier [Wink]
[signature]