Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cricket lures
How are cricket lures for Bass?
[signature]
hey
from what i have heard they work pretty good for bass when the grasshoppers or crickets are just comming out or hatching. i imagine they would be good in the spring and in the fall. If you go on to www.bassmaster.com you might find something out about them because they had an article a while back about locust lures and cricket lures.
[signature]
I heard that this year will actually be one of the years where cicadas are EVERYWHERE in large numbers. You can hear them anywhere you go in the mountains, up canyons, along streams and lakes, etc. They make a loud, sometimes deafening high pitched whirr. I read an article in Bassmaster that said the bass LoVE to munch on the ones that fall in the water.

Might want to try those out this year.
[signature]
Yeah...Bassmaster has alot of useful info....but I cant seem to find the cricket Article

[pike]
It was back probably 2 months ago I think.
[signature]
[cool][#808000][size 2]Hi there FS88, [/size][/#808000]

[#808000][size 2]Yup crickets work real well for bass fishing. Need to keep the weight of the line to about 8-10lbs for a heavier line will stall the action of a live cricket.[/size][/#808000]
[signature]
hey fourstrings

ill check into my old bassmaster issues, i should have it layin around and i'll check into that article , because i remember reading about it.
[signature]
Thank You I aperciate it that but its ok I m gonna go on ahead and buy...1.50 isnt bad for the cricket heh

[pike]
[signature]
i have used them and they are very usefull at times .i have had several good fish hit it but they are not just for bass have caught crappie ,bluegill,catfish,andwalleye on them .i have used the shallow diver and the poper and they are wonderfull baits to use and light line makes the action better and the fight longer but it is worth it to buy.
[signature]