Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drink holder
Anybody here add a drink holder to there tubes. It sucks when you catch a fish and no place to quickly set your drink. Lake water doesn't seem to affect the taste but not something I like to do.
[signature]
My pontoon actually has two drink holders built in. It was a selling point for me. When I use the tube, I'd just take a 2liter bottle of pop. Of course beer doesn't really come in resealable bottles. That would be a cool idea for anheiser busch. somebody should write them a letter.
[signature]
no but i was thinking of building one up, ideas keep a flowing into my brain. keep it just below the water line, inside the donut, and it will stay cool and out of the sun.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey, big D., you need to decide. Are you goin' fishin' or drinkin'?[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Many of the newer craft have incorporated a fabric loop at the front of the side pockets to help hold a "beverage". The ones on my Super Fat Cat are even padded (insulated). In Arizona, however, that just keeps the drink from boiling for at least 30 seconds longer.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]In the olden days, the InsulDri company made float tubes, neoprene booties and other float tube goodies. One of them was a zippered neoprene bag that fit into a tube pocket. You could add ice and a couple of drink cans and you were good to go. I loved it when a boat pulled up and gave me a rash about not having a drink cooler on board. I would reach in, pull out a can, pop the top and chug away. That shut them up. Of course, that meant I had to find an "outlet" for the extra liquid intake sooner.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Before I got the builtin drink holders, I fashioned one out of an empty plastic 1 liter bottle. Cut the top half off, cut a couple of holes to string nylon rope through and strap it to the tube. If you want insulated and a tighter fit for the can, line it with some neoprene or foam. Just right for a 12 ounce can...and cheap too.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Mateo, I know this may go against your ethics and almost hurts mine as well being a Bud Light fan, but Miller light has their medium size plastic bottles with a removeable and replaceable top. I can fit a couple of those in my tube and just put less tackle.

But............Like TubeDude said, "You have to dump the processed liquid at some time" No problem in SoCal. The water is warm enough now that waders are just an option.
[signature]
Hmm, beer ethics. Actually, if I can't drink a stout, porter or ale, I'll get the cheapest stuff I can get, like miller high life. After the first couple, the taste doesn't matter so much, ya know?

Whatever happened to Red Dog? Haven't seen it for a while. It wasn't bad except for the sweet taste.
[signature]
we still have Red Dog in Cali. We can't find Strohs any more[Sad]
[signature]
Well, at least miller will be around a while. The only problem is it gives me a headache. I'd take tecate or corona out with me, but what about the limes?

I guess it's probably easier to save the beer for when you back to camp or home. Probably safer that way too.
[signature]
You are right about the safety issue. That would be the wise to wait until you have returned. I get alot of boating accident calls to go to where that equation was not in the initial thought process.[pirate]
[signature]
Gee, beer improves my thought processes[Tongue].
[signature]
I'm there for the fishing and relaxing. The beer comes later at camp. I need something to keep my dew or water semi-cold and in an easy and quick spot. Nothing worse then fish slamming a fly while your drinking.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]Careful, Mr. H. You're gonna spill the beans on my top secret way to get bites. Either take a bite of a sandwich or lift your drink and get the first gulp started. Doesn't always work, but I swear sometimes the fish are watchin' and time it perfectly.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I used to fish with a guy that was really "goosey". If you spooked or surprised him he lost it. More than once I saw him toss a can or sandwich back over his shoulder when he got a sudden bite. Then when he had things under control, he blamed me for losing his food or drink. A lot like a wife.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I ALWAYS JUST TUCK IT INTO THE CHEST POCKET OF MY WADERS I CAN FIT 3 CANS OF BEER, OR TWO 1 LITRE BOTTLES OF WHATEVER IN THERE....I MAKE BEER IN A RESEALABLE BOTTLE. COURSE IT TAKES A FEW WEEKS TO GET A BATCH OUT...BUT YOU CAN CLOSE IT TO FIGHT A BIGGUN.LOL,

LATERS,
[signature]
I bet that was a huge laugh the first time you seen him jump like that.
[signature]