Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora Reservoir
Aurora Reservoir - Water level will continue to drop until mid- October but boat ramp access should remain good. Trout fishing will pick up as the water cools. A lot of nice trout are caught here in the fall. Warm-water species will also become more active before the lake ices up. Ice sometimes starts forming in the coves in December and, depending on conditions, the reservoir is scheduled to close to boating Dec. 15 and reopen March 15. Ice fishing usually starts in January. PARK HOURS --September 6 a.m.-8 p.m.; October 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.; November 6:30a.m.-6 p.m.; December 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; January 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; February 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; March 6 a.m.-7 p.m. For more information, call 303-690-1286.
[url "http://ndis.nrel.colostate.edu/maps/default.asp?cmd=INIT&Topic=Fishing&Place=False,528972,4385380,-1,-1,Aurora%20Reservoir,0&Extent=524172,4381380,533772,4389380%20"][#0000ff]Interactive Map[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]
Have you ever caught walleye out of Aurora? and if you have what type of bait or lure were you using?
[signature]
wow, you found an old one,

no I have never fished there, I imagine that the draw down has been reverced by now,

a good time to harvest is during a draw down, it reduces structure for fish to hide in, gives you less area to cover to find the fish, and is a good pratice of reducing fish populations during this time so they do not become stessed stunded and deseased due to over crouding.
[signature]
Thanks for the information, is there a certain lake that you fish a lot?
[signature]
there is a lake I regularly fish but its a six to ten hour jet flight from your side of the hood, its all the way over in michigan.
[signature]