Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bigfishtackle.com Ultimate 16 Species Contest
[font "Arial"][size 3]The Bigfishtackle.com Ultimate 16 Species Contest[/size][/font] [center] [/center]

Is up and running,

Already we have big fish entered. Can you top it? [ul] [li] Do you have what it takes to do battle and angle against the pro’s of bigfishtackle.com?[/li] [li] Would you like to show up that loud mouth poster and put him in his place?[/li] [li] Would you like to show you fishing worth to the nation, to the world of anglers?[/li] [li] Do you believe your technique can out produce your fellow bft’er? And you would compete if you did not have to give up your honey bucket or your best rig? [/li] [li] Are you one of those boasters who have been ranting and raving about how good you are at what you do…[/li][/ul]

Well here is your chance, show us what you got [Wink]

Click on this link [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=120787;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][#800080]The Ultimate 16 Species Fishing Contest 2004 [/#800080][/url] and enter the contest, do your best. Our pro’s are up to the challenge. The season is early but will end sooner than you may expect. December 31st comes in a hurry.

This is a friendly competition and is free to all BFT members

There are three opportunities to win [ol] [li] Fresh Water[/li] [li] Salt Water[/li] [li] Big Fish Contest (biggest fish from salt or fresh water)[/li][/ol]

To see the current scores click on the link under the frog…
[signature]
Hey dave.. I saw that sucker you caught. Nice fish! What i was wondering is how do you catch suckers? Here in the heart of denver, the south platte has some really nice suckers. Weve seen em just sitting and theya re a good 20 inches in length. Been wanting to get one of those on the line but dunno how Sad
[signature]
For suckers you will want a big fat night crawler, place it on a hook below your sinker and cast it in to them on the bottom of the lake or river. they hit medium light so you have to be ready for them.

I have my best luck fishing from shore. stick a rod holder in the ground and ;ick up the slack and wait. it wont take long if you are in the middle of the feeding frenzy.

you will want to have it identified by a bioligist when you get one, there are a number of different species. we have 5 different species of suckers in michigan.
[signature]
Oh wow.. I dunno what these are exactly, besides suckers.. I know they are brown and long ;/ Thx for the info maybe ill try my luck this week Big Grin
[signature]
I can tell you they do put up a fight, are pretty taisty smoked baked and fryed. they do have plenty of bones so you will have to be carefull.

if you know of some one who knows how to cann fish they are good canners as well. has just a hint of salmon flavor when smoked or canned. (cannen in a mason jar like tuna) when canned the bones desolve and is no longer a concern.

the species in the picture is a wite sucker and is vary near the top of its range for size limit. there are red horse suckers that reach 35 inches and reach 15-18 pounds.
[signature]