Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bigfishtackle.com Ultimate 16 Species Contest
[font "Arial"][size 3]The Bigfishtackle.com Ultimate 16 Species Contest[/size][/font] [center] [/center]

Is up and running,

Already we have big fish entered. Can you top it? [ul] [li] Do you have what it takes to do battle and angle against the pro’s of bigfishtackle.com?[/li] [li] Would you like to show up that loud mouth poster and put him in his place?[/li] [li] Would you like to show you fishing worth to the nation, to the world of anglers?[/li] [li] Do you believe your technique can out produce your fellow bft’er? And you would compete if you did not have to give up your honey bucket or your best rig? [/li] [li] Are you one of those boasters who have been ranting and raving about how good you are at what you do…[/li][/ul]

Well here is your chance, show us what you got [Wink]

Click on this link [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=120787;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][#800080]The Ultimate 16 Species Fishing Contest 2004 [/#800080][/url] and enter the contest, do your best. Our pro’s are up to the challenge. The season is early but will end sooner than you may expect. December 31st comes in a hurry.

This is a friendly competition and is free to all BFT members

There are three opportunities to win [ol] [li] Fresh Water[/li] [li] Salt Water[/li] [li] Big Fish Contest (biggest fish from salt or fresh water)[/li][/ol]

To see the current scores click on the link under the frog…
[signature]
[size 1][#333366]The Ultimate 16 Species Fishing Contest 2004[/#333366] [/size]
[size 1]here's what your up against from this contestant .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3692;]
a 21 1/2" rainbow trout

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5617;]
3"creyfish
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4665;]
8.5" bluegill
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5613;]
a 22" channel cat
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5616;]
a 9" rockbass
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4452;]
a 14" smallmouth bass
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4450;]
a 24" carp
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4451;]
a 14" largemouth bass
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4449;]
a 26" northern pike
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4448;]
a 8" pumpkinseed
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4114;]
a 20" white sucker
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5916;]
a 18" redhorse ? (striped ) sucker
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3849;]
a 28" steelhead

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5621;]
a 22" walleye [/size]
[signature]
For the moment it looks like michigan is number 1 in the contry for fresh water fishing....
california for salt water...
[signature]
freshwater species , rockbass cought at wiggins lake dam on a leach .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5741;]
here we go , one inch at a time . this 10" rockbass replaces the 9" one posted earlier .
i had to share the honey hole with 9 other people after work .
[signature]
if only you could get his tung to stick out that last inch inch you might have made that master angler patch.[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]

I am wishing you some luck so you can make it to the fred trost fishing awards banquet next march...

maybe it might help to have fishingirl bait your hook for you... [url "javascript: addTag('laugh')"][laugh][/url]
[signature]
his 14" brother is in there somewhere , i just gotta wait him out .
[signature]
oooooo A rockie and bullWinkle tail, cant wait... Sorry about the punn[url "javascript: addTag('angelic')"][angelic][/url]

a guy I was fishing with a couple weeks ago was telling me about a 5 pounder his wife landed,,,, I dont know about a five pounder but 3 is not to far off from what I have seen down here where I caught my master angler rock bass last year...

oh ya, my third master angler award was anounced today... I am looking for number four now. I think I might have him, I just have to make sure the species is Identified properly...

I will get him on the boards here when the pic is done...
[signature]
i like the punn [url "http://javascript:%20addTag(';)')/"][;)][/url] , there's nutting but fun in these contests [url "http://javascript:%20addTag('cool')/"][cool][/url] .
were gonna need another big rain for some master angler fish around here , that or a steamroller to get a fish to measure up , lol !!!!

forgot to add ,
my buddy's wife pulled the 14"
rockbass out a couple weeks ago and threw it back in , she didn't know what she had untill i told her a couple days later .
[signature]
Freshwater species upgrade
smallmouth bass , 1-1/2 pounds , 16" long
cought at the beaverton powerplant dam 7-31-04
bottombouncing a leach .

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5823;]
now lemmy tell you about my helper . a family group arrived shortley after i did taking care to carry their kid down the steep bank to the fishing site . i , already having cought a couple dosen undersized fish and them not having much luck , decided to let " lil' L " reel in some of my fish .( i call him lil L because the parents don't wish to have his name or pic posted on the web )
well i asked the parents if they would mind letting him reel in a fish or two when i cought them , "sure , no problem" was there reply .
so on comes another smallie , i called for him to come down and the father picked him up instead and brought him down , after all he couldn't have been more than 4 , understandible i thought .
well the father held lil'L the entire time he fought that 10" smallmouth , you shoulda seen his face and heard all the sounds of excitement he made , after all this was his first fish ever . the young lad is now hooked on fishing for life .
well the dad took him back to there spot , then back again a few times for another one of my fish . lil L never got up , roamed around or did much but concentrate on the end of his snoopey rod .
on the next fish he landed for me thats when i noticed something that almost broke my heart to see . lil L couldn't walk down on his own , and couldn't stand on his own , the braces told his story for him .
from that point on each and every fish i had was walked down to my junior fishing buddy for his expert landing tactics , after all it isn't much fun fishing if you don't give out a good proper " wowey , i got one " .
well later his snoopey pole finally paid for itself and he reeled in a nice 11" smallmouth of his own , it dosen't get much better than that . then it finally came time for them to leave but , before going i gave my new pal a big ol' thank you for getting in all those fish for me .
he gave me a "your welcome very much " and then added " now i can do something , i can help out big people to fish ".

it wasen't even noon yet and i knew the day couldn't have gotten anybetter that it already had .
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5884;]adding a 10.5" brown trout to the kitty !
by the looks of things , i'll be adding a bunch of points in a few weeks from the tippy area .
[signature]
Kool...
that will make specie number 15 for you right?

I have number 16, I am waiting for a trip in to town to get it properly identified. I am surprized at my self for getting to 16 species before you did, you guys womped me good last year...[url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url]
[signature]
well it is official, my forth master award fish has yet to be caught. I did not have what I thought I had and the guys down at the dnr headquarters showed me what I was looking for and just what I had.

in addition, they showed me what you had last year, that unidentified sucker you caught was deffantly a "northern hog sucker" the guy I was talking to is the fish biologist who identifies incoming fish specie entries.

what I had is a golden red horse sucker, I thought it was a long nose sucker. aperently there are three main red horse suckers. so now I can add finaly to my list of ocomplishments the golden redhorse sucker.... he was lacking about 4 3/4 inches of being a master angler fish,,,, bummer, I could have added him to the fry pan pile insted of letting him go [url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]

well now that is two misteries solved.... so what fish is next on your list? I am up in the air about witch fish to target next.... so many to choose from for which I have not caught this year...

maybe we could hook up and bag a couple together...,

sorr was here in michigan the other day, as a matter of fact he was some what close to your house, he was in saginaw, cupting da gras'
[signature]
[url "http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/catostomidae.html"]http://www.cnr.vt.edu/efish/families/catostomidae.html[/url]

this link has a few pics of them . but we have a sucker here i haven't been able to catch yet , it is camofloshed kinda like a rattlesnake . i saw a couple of them hiding underneath some plumes of riverweeds while wading at the honey hole .
the stergon is gonna have to wait still , the guy thats tuning up my moter is taking his good sweet time on it .
the boats ready and the paint on the trailer is drying as we speak . i have them both taged and am just waiting .
ssor was right in my backyard alright , i could have visited him and got to hit gander mtn. all in one trip .
well i'm lacking a pearch , white bass , muskey , some salmon species , a brookie , a crappie , sheephead , shad , dogfish , bullheads . minominee , eel and a lamprey , mullet or burbot, and the stergon .
there just ain't enough days to fish in a year , we need longer years lol !
[signature]