Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Pahranagat Lake 4/6/04
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] The day started out slow, left town at about 07:30 finally got to the lake around 10:00. I had too many stops and traffic delays. When we reached the lake the whole East side of the was pretty full with campers and buses, finally found a place to launch the boat. My daughter and I launched from the center of the lake and headed south along the shore. We anchored and I rigged her line with just a worm and bobber while I used my Smartcast to see if I could find some fish. After about 20 minutes of not seeing anything we reeled her in and set the Smartcast about 25 feet behind the boat and started down the shoreline. We made it to the dam and hadn't marked any fish. We cruised the dam and still nothing. So we headed for the middle and drifted back to the truck without any marks. 12:00 we were back at the truck, disappointment all over my daughters' face. We had to leave my daughter had soccer practice to go to. The lake was a little too big for only a 2 hour run. I did talk to a few of the campers and boaters they said fishing had been slow. One boater had caught 2 catfish last week and a camper told me the only thing he had seen being caught was a carp. Not sure if I'm going to try here again but there's always a possibility. [/font] [/size]

[size 1][size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] [/size]David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
bummer, sorry you couldn't find any fish . . . next time !

sm
[signature]
That sucks you didn't catch anything. At least you got to spend some time with your daughter.

The only problem with fish finders is the don't pick up fish on the bottom.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] It's good to get out with her but I haven't had any luck finding fish for her to catch. I thought the Upper Pahranagat Lake was a good place to get into some panfish. I think one of these days I'll take her to the Overton Arm maybe. I'm not too interested in doing the Urban pond thing. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
Combat fishing isn't my idea of fun either. My brother is going to be fishing the Overson's this weekend. Everything is picking up around here with 40+ fish days. Hopefully it's still that way when you get up here.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Hey "guest" thanks for the info. I'm kind of glad my daughter didn't lock into one of those carp. I think I would have been either going for a swim or buying her a new pole. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]