Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD,, "No Fish Cat 4 until yer birthday!!"
Well thats what I was told[Sad] . So instead I managed to pickup a Trout Unlimited for 30 bucks to paddle my fat butt around in until the end of June...
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Whatever floats your butt...or something like that. At least you will have a chance to get out amongst 'em and get the hang of flotation fishing. Then you will be better able to appreciate the refinements of the FC4. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]By the way, what model of the Trout Unlimited craft did you get? I had a Kennebec for awhile, and I have lusted after trying a Togiak. Heck, I would like to try them all, but I don't get enough "birthdays". Well, I have probably had enough of them already.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Let us know how your maiden voyage goes. We might pay good money to see some videos if you can get somebody to film ya. It takes a bit of practice to be able to launch and beach your craft without looking like some kind of circus. Good luck.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pat its a Gunnison and sure has a heck of a lot of D rings on it, something like 15 of em, lol. I was thinking about running down to the lake later this afternoon but from where I set here in PG (up on the bench over looking the valley), it looks a wee nasty. But hey, so I end up with a wet butt, it wont be the first or last time.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Don, if you launch on Utah Lake when the wind blows, a wet butt will be the least of your worries. I used to stay inside the harbors in bad weather...when there used to be water in them. Seriously, the harbors can be good for walleye in the slop. If it is calm, inside structure is the best for largemouth. Should be some white bass gathering in some inside areas too.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Depending on which way the wind is blowing, you might also work along the dike between the bubble up and Lindon. Lots of eyes and whites there, if you can find deep enough water for them. That is also a great area to tube after the walleye finish spawning. I have caught a lot of big spawned out females within a few feet of the shoreline, during the day, pitching small chartreuse jigs for white bass.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Good luck and be safe.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
i was just at lindon, there are some unidentified fish moving around under the docks, i think they were bass but i couldnot tell t=for sure, and since i left the rods at home, i didnt get one up close.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Could you estimate their size...and shape. There are some nice crappies that come in and hang around the docks in there sometimes.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]My old records from years past show that the first warming trend in April usually brings in some white bass...looking for spawning areas. I used to fish spinners parallel to shore for the whites and would often hang both largemouths and small walleyes.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]By the way, what kind of fisherman are you to EVER go near the water without a fishing rod?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
i ws just there to reserve a spot fo rthe car gettin spring fling. and no anytime i got close enough to see them they would go deep, and the water is murhy, but i would bet now they wre brappie, i forgot they were in there.
[signature]
LOL yeah Pat that was pretty much what I had planned but somehow a wee nap got worked into the fix and I didnt make it out. Besides, I think today looks better..

Yeah I recall the "good old days" of the bubble-up too. Earlier in the season (say early to mid March) it was guns, baseball bats, and tire iron's at the parking spot. What more could a true sportsman want.. [laugh]
[signature]