Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you work on your own car ? new law would make it illeagle
[url "http://www.righttorepair.org"]www.righttorepair.org[/url]

car manufactures and dealers are tring to make any and all repairs of your vehicale only something they can do , even a simple oil or air filter change .

support HR 2735 , ( House Resolution 2735 ) the motor vehical owners right to repair act by signing the petition or contacting your congressperson and senitors .

once you've purchased that car , it's yours . don't let the manufactures force you to go to them for all your repairs .

no joke guys , it's for real .
[signature]
I've been doing repairs on my vehicles for almost 30 years now. It's time to show these people that we aren't going to stand for this garbage!
[signature]
LAST MONTH I BOUGHT A USED CHEVY TRUCK FROM A DODGE DEALER. THE AIRBAG LIGHT WAS ON SO I TOLD THEM TO FIX IT FIRST. THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE COMPUTER CODES FOR THE DIAGNOSES. SO THEY HAD TO SEND IT TO THE CHEVY DEALER GUESS THEY KINDA OF SCREW THEMSELVES A LITTLE TOO. I WAS HOOKING UP THE WIRING HARNESS FOR THE BOAT AND NOTICED THE TAG LIGHT WAS BROKE SO I WENT TO THE GM DEALER $29 FOR A TAG LIGHT I TOLD THEM I COULD GET ONE AT WAL-MART FOR $5. HE SAID IT WON'T FIT AND I TOLD HIM IT WILL AFTER I RUN A 3/4" HOLE PUNCH THROUGH THE BUMPER HE DIDN;T HAVE MUCH TO SAY AFTER THAT.
[signature]
MY GOD, WHAT NEXT??? BUNCH OF FRUITCAKES! MONEY! MONEY MONEY, CONTROL AND THERE GOES OUR FREEDOMS OUT THE WINDER AGAIN HUH~! ENOUGH TO TICK YA OFF! where they doin tis?? iwas so hot shen i see this i didnt go in to the site.i use to have my old mavericks i use to work on or the older ones i had, cause ya could THERE WAS ROOM TO WORK ON IT, DIDNT HAVE STUFF IN THERE THATDIDNT HAVE TO BE AND THATS WHEN THEY MADE GOOD CARS. THE BEST. AND THEY HAD QUALITY STYLE, AND GOT YOUR MONEY WORTH! IN ENGINE! HAHA . but these stupid computerized cars it,s got tereible,no room ot git in theree with your tools and got to put em on a machine to find out where the problem is, that,s how they got ya too. this is another thing too, the old days the old ways. haha i think we all ought ot go back to the ponies and carriage! haha i,d loveit! ahha this is outrageous! there aimin right where they got ya by the you know what to every part of our lives and the things we need to survive fer that power and control, our freedoms, when, what where and how, do we stop these RICH! THAT WANT TO BE RICHER, STINKS! GOT TO HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS SOMEHOW, IN THERE POCKETBOOK!
[signature]
HAHA GOOD ONE!THEY DONT LIKE IT WHEN WE KNOW HOW TO SURVIVE, HAHA WHICH WAY DID HE GO GEORGE? HHAHAHAHA [Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I need to replace the soft top on my vehicle. I can get the top through the dealer for $650. I can cut that price in half if I order it online.

But have you seen the latest? GM is advertising that they'll match/beat any other automotive repair places prices. Saw it with my own two eyes on tv during one of them Mr. Goodwrench commercials.
[signature]
I would be woried about what else is tacked on to this bill.

comon sence dictates that if a law stated that only a garage could work on a vehical this would but hundreds of thousands of people out of work. that right all the stock people who work in the auto section of your favorite retail would find themselves jobless.

and what about all the hoby car restorers? striped of thier passion!

and lets not forget what would hapen to the safty of cars and trucks on the road. they would become enbaribly unsafe because of the multitudes who would continue to drive their cars going unchecked because of not being able to afford saftey inspections and repairs. (they do it them selves now, who will do it when they are not allowed to do it them selves)

I find this whole thing to be extreamly suspisous in nature.....
[signature]