Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT STICKERS UP FOR GRABS ! ! !
i will send 3 BFT stickers to the first person to reply to this post with a story
[signature]
Well I don't want the stickers I've already got a few of them, so let the next person have them, but I've got a story.

Once I was flyfishing up the South fork of the Provo River and I was flyfishing standing waist deep in the middle of a beaver pond trying to get a few of the risers to hit. I wasn't having much luck, when suddenly, [size 5]SMACK!![/size]

[size 1]I heard a loud noise right behind me. I almost fell over backwards it startled me so bad. There was nothing there! I looked all around me, to the left and to the right, but I couldn't see anyone in the trees, and I was fishing alone. What was it? I was getting really creeped out. Suddenly, I looked off to might right and back a ways, and noticed something dark brown dart under a pile of brush in the water! Ahhhh ha! There was the culprit! I had been spooked by the owner of the pond himself, Mr. Beaver, who I guess thought I was a threat to him so he decided to try and scare me away and then darted back down into his little underwater home. What a relief! The goosebumps slowly settled down on the back of my neck and I went back to fishing. Come to think of it I don't think I caught anything that day, but I still had fun and I'll never forget that trip.[/size]
[signature]
thanks for the story they sure do smack the water hard ! had one scare me half to death one night when it smacked the water about 10 feet away from me at a pond i was fishing in CA.
[signature]
At that same pond later that summer I was in the water fishing and I heard something crashing in the trees from up the hill. When it got to the pond I saw that it was a HUGE bull moose with a HUGE rack! It came down to the water's edge, about 15 feet in front of me, put it's front feet down into the water and bent down to take a drink. After it was done it just turned around and headed back up the mountain, making a racket as it went. Man moose don't walk like deer. They don't care who hears them. Nearly made me crap my pants, though, looking that huge beast in the eyes. I didn't move for fear of scaring it or pissing it off and having it charge me in waist deep water where there's no way I could scramble out of the way. My only regret is that I didn't have my camera with me. What an awesome sight!
[signature]
CAT MAN... that makes the haor stand up on the back of my head... about the moose! That is so cool!
[signature]
THAT SOUNDS LIKE QUITE AN EXCITING FISHING HOLE YOU HAD THERE. I'VE WISHED I HAD A CAMERA A FEW TIMES. BUT IF I TAKE ONE WITH ME I DON'T CATCH ANYTHING WORTH TAKING A PICTURE OF. WHEN I DON'T TAKE IT I END UP CALLING THE WIFE AND HAVING HER DRIVE 60 MILES SO I CAN GET SOME PICTURES.
[signature]
nobady want three stickers ? still no story on this post yet as cat man said to pass them to the next person
[signature]
Here's a story for ya.

A friend and I were reminising yesterday about the time I took him fly fishing for the first time. We were walking along a high bank above the small stream we were fishing when I spotted a huge Brown feeding in a pool below us. Since it was his first time I let him have first crack at the fish. So I pointed out where he should go down the bank and how to approach the pool and where to cast from and what flies to use etc. He finally got into position and made his first cast right into an overhanging tree branch. I didn't want to spook the fish so I carefully climbed down the bank and tied on new flies for him since he didn't have the right ones and then went back up the hill to spot for him again. So after all of that he casts again and bingo! right back into the same branch! So again I went down and repeated the process of retying his rig. This time I made a test cast to see what the deal was and I couldn't see how he was getting into that tree in the first place. So i went back up to spot for him and he makes his cast and you guessed it ......right back into that tree. That's a total of six flies lost now and that fish hasn't seen a single one. I guess the fourth time was the charm because he finally made the perfect cast right down the fishes feeding lane and right as the fly got to the fish I saw a flash as he turned to take the fly and I yelled out to my friend to set the hook and he did and he fought it well and landed it but it wasn't the big one it was a 12 incher that I couldn't see that was sitting next to the big guy. Needless to say the big fish got spooked and we never saw him again.

I guess this isn't a very good fish story but it was memorable to me for the frustration of spending the better part of an hour and six good flies for a 12" trout!

FM
[signature]
hi ryan thanks for the story send me your address via pm and i'll get those out to you
[signature]
Good Idea Chris!
[signature]
Good story! Those moose are huge, saw a couple while ice fishing this year. I would not want to tackle with one of those!
[signature]
Heres a story for ya.
The first time i ever went out on the boat in salt water, we were launching the boat with my dads old truck. well when we pulled the boat into the water my dad never put the e-brake on. well when he got out of the truck and got into the boat to pull it off the trailer the truck started to roll back into the water. The boat started to float but the truck didnt. our truck was up to the engine in water. we had to get someone to pull us out cause our trailer went off the ramp. i tell you one thing this was a long first time out on the boat.
[signature]
thank for the story tim hope your truck was drivable after wards send me your address thru a private message and i send you some stickers out to ! !
[signature]