Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A day of firsts
Well I went out fishing on Thursday for some ice-out fishing on Scofield and not only was is my first trip of the year in my tube but it was the first time I took both of my sons with me and the first time I took out my fishfinder on my tube.

I wasn't sure how well it would work and if I could apply my ice fishing vertical jigging tactics while fishing open water but in fact I could. I usually troll or strip flies from my tube but after seeing all of the fish on my screen I would stop and jig for them.

Since my boys aren't the strongest kickers yet I strapped their tubes to either side of me and that seemed to work out pretty well. The boys had a great time especially the older one when he had a fish hit so hard it almost pulled the rod out of his hands and then ran right underneath us and he thought his rod was going to break. Very fun to share some exciting fishing with them.

FM
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Excellent. Nothing better than getting out on the water with the younguns. Of course it becomes even more memorable when you have those wild and crazy things happen.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I have compiled a small book of family short stories of some of the more memorable outings and togetherness I shared with my kids in their early years. Strange how some of the most enduring topics of conversation at every family get together have to do with our fishing trips together.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Just goes to show you. You don't need film or digital images to indelibly record the absolutely best stuff. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]My prediction is that it won't be long until the boys are kicking circles around dad...and dad won't even care a bit. [/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]