Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore access
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I'm looking for more entry points at Lake Mead for me and my boat. I know of Hemenway, Saddle and Pumphouse Coves, 8.0 Mile Road, and Stewarts Point. Anyone else know of any shore access that wouldn't require me dragging my boat and gear a half mile to water. I'm looking into either Boulder Basin or Virgin Basin. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
There are a couple dirt road accesses south of Overton Launch and ramp. About halfway between Echo and Overton. You will have to launch across a mud flat probably. High clearance vehicle would be nice.

There are no alternate accesses to Virgin River arm since the water has been lowered. In higher water there is a mud launch right at the upper end of Virgin Arm. You access that from I- 15 turning off just south of Mesquite.

Used to be you could launch from Boat Cove between Calville Bay and Echo Bay. Fairly long dirt road leads to small bay.

Used to be able to launch at Kingman Wash...

Don't know about Muddy arm..
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Thanks, I'll add those to my list. I have looked at Boathouse Cove Road on the map but the map has "4WD" written all along the road. I think it's a maintained road now. [/font] [/size]

[signature]
Last time I was there was 4x4 road, but not in too bad a shape. Since then we had the rains of winter. Could be a couple knarly sections. I remember one narrow spot and one area where you crawl over some slabs. Definitely not for low clearance vehicle.
[signature]
Any road that goes down a wash is considered 4X4. With the water being so low it makes it tough to launch any place but the marines.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I know there is some areas that are still hard pan down to the water. Those are pretty much what I'm looking for. From what I've seen they have blocked off most of the wash roads, well at least in the Boulder Basin end of the lake. [/font] [/size]

[signature]
All the wash road on the east side are still open.
[signature]