Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps
Is there a place where I can find maps for lakes in SW Pa.?Internet?Adress? Phone#'s?
[signature]
Lakes of SW Pa. What kindof maps? Getting tougher to find free maps anymore now that everyone wants $$ for prints. At this time I use [url "http://www.landvoyage.com"]www.landvoyage.com[/url] and still get free pictures if I cheat the system. Many sites available if you are going to purchase or join for a fee. What lakes do you have in mind? I can tell you whats available. Size of lake doesn't matter but what type of info. you want will matter. Mark! at baotnik13@aol.com
[signature]
Add to the last post > you can get AERIAL PHOTO's , TOPO maps and instant weather ,ice depth ect. depending on what waterway in the state and who controlls the lake ie(DCNR,PFC,ENGR's , city or private). Last year you could get free downloaded aerial view maps from mapquest but its been depleted. Thoes of us who got them on anylake, made out if you know how to build a map off of it. Now its a fee to do the same with other sites. For lakes under 800a.in size and no maps available > I make my own with a depthfinder,handheld gps,compass,underwater camera(aqua-vu)and just record what you want.Structure hunt - don't map every foot of unproductive water.
[signature]
Well, I am looking for maps specifically for Youghegheny Lake and High Point lake in Somerset County. General Layout would be fine but whatever detail I could get would be great. I have a small boat,a 14ft.semi-V and on High Point it is not too much of a problem finding good drop-offs or structure but the Yough is a much bigger lake, and I would like to find some good preference points to start from.Thanks for the help!
[signature]
Still working on it!
[signature]
Thanks for all the help. You gave me some great ideas and resources to follow up on. By May I should be ready!Thanks everyone![Smile]
[signature]

[signature]
I'm down to two answers and here is one more> P .F . C. has a section on maps. The old hydrographic maps are listed but not SW Pa. I got one more place to look if they still make a magazine that I'm searching for. So go to www.fish.state.pa.us and look up maps.
[signature]
Already been there. I have seen what maps I can get from there and it isnt much better than a local map is. The best bet is the one from the Army Corp. of Engineers for the lake. Thanks for the help though.[Smile]
[signature]
I am primarily a walleye fisherman but do like to get into a nice batch of smallmouths. I too have experienced some great fishing over the past 3 years there and have put back more than I have taken. I primarily fish near the dam but would like to work my way up towards summerfield more. I also fish from shore alot and let me tell you, the eyes know when a boat comes along. The bite will be suppressed for sometimes an hour or more at night when a boat comes in to fish. Thanks for your reply, I can't wait to hit the water.[Smile]
[signature]
[url "http://terraserver.microsoft.com/"]http://terraserver.microsoft.com/[/url]