Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report - Calville Bay
Launched about 6:45 am and tried shallow water pattern in one of the coves in Calville Bay about 2 points northeast of Calville Wash. Then went into Pumphouse cove and Saddle Cove.
No bites even though we gradually moved into deeper water.

Met a fisherman who reported 2 bass on Jitterbug and 2 stripers on Spinnerbait early.

Motored upstream of Hamblin Cove about 2:00pm and hooked one striper within 8 ft. of shore - maybe 3 lbs and he got away with my shadrap. Got one other bite off a secondary point in about 7 to 10' on brass and glass.

At the launch ramp about 6:00pm talked to 2 other boats - one caught nothing and another caought just one fish all day. Surface temperature reading was in high 50's , I think my sonar unit needs calibration - so don't believe that temp. the hand test says maybe 53 to 55 most places.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] That suxs you didn't get anything, but the real question is "How did the Skeeter work out?" Thanks for the report. It's good to know they're still biting on something at least. How did you like the floating "John" at Pumphouse Cove? When I saw that I was thoroughly annoyed, the only cove designated "Fishing Only" and they put a bathroom right in front of everyone to watch. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
Skeeter worked just fine. Take some "seat time" for me to handle it with any grace and getting used to 67lb x 24 volt trolling motor (after a 28lb. hand controlled trolling motor) is just experience off my radar screen.

I could skip the "john" experience. I've seen these before - most notably at Silverwood Lake in CA. We keep promosing to take a digital camera and post some photos on the internet. [cool]
But the water looked good. Not a sign of bass, stripers or shad however.
[signature]