Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ferry Service to Catalina Island

Hey there guys,

For those living in southern California/LA area, you've got a new way to get to Catalina Island as of April 9th. There is now a shuttle service from Marina Del Rey!

For all pertinent informaton Click: [url "http://www.catalinaferries.com"]Catalina Shuttle[/url]

JapanRon
[signature]
That looks a little closer to me. My only drawback is the scedule and frequency of the vessels. I really like the earlier departure of the other service and later arrivals.

It looks like it would be worth trying out once or twice though. I noticed that the parking was about 3 buck cheaper but the ticket is about 15 bucks more than what I usually pay but only 9 bucks more than regular priced fares.
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

What I noticed was that I get a discount now (55). I'm with you..... but here's the hint. It's on Fuji Way so drop off your gear and use the MRD parking lot to park then there's no parking fee. And....... you can walk to the boat. I think!

JapanRon
[signature]
It sounds like it would be worth giving a try. I just wish they had a 6:15am boat like the Cat Express does. I will definitely give it a try this summer.
[signature]