Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I'm done fishin' Mead...
I'm headed back to CA tomorrow, so I figure I might as well spill the beans about where I've been gettin' my fish at Mead. Like I said, I did a good deal of drivin' around tryin' to find a good bassy lookin' cove and I found it at the 33 Hole. Not much of a secret spot, as there were a good number of striper fishermen that I'd see there, but from what I heard from some of my bass tournament friends not a lot of guys fish there for the largemouths. Most of the striper fishermen in there were soaking anchovies, and I never saw any of them catch anything over 16". I however managed to get a couple of stripers that were boiling on shad to explode on my Lucky Craft Sammy topwater bait...caught a 4lber one day and a 7lber another day. Most of all though, I had very good success fishing for largemouths in this cove. My average fish was in the 2-3lb range (which I understand ain't bad of an average to have on this lake) and the biggest bass I stuck in there went 4lbs 1oz. A brown/purple bass stalker finesse jig was the ticket for the majority of the better sized fish, but I also caught fish on worms, crankbaits, senkos, hula grubs, and topwater baits. I'll attach a pic of one of the 3lbers...
[signature]
[cool]Hey sturgeonkid, I am mainly a trout fisherman but have added stripers to my list. I am fairly new here {only been here a year} and was wondering where the 33 hole was. I have heard of it but never located it. Can you shoot me a PM with directions? The info would be much appreciated.
[signature]
Hey Big E i did some investigating and found a link to a map of the 33 hole. Gotta thank sturgeonkid for the lowdown. [url "http://www.nps.gov/lame/bbasin.pdf"]http://www.nps.gov/lame/bbasin.pdf[/url]

you have to print the map to be able to read it
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"]Big E, Hole 33, if you head out through Henderson on Lake Mead Drive it will turn into Lake Shore Road, stay on Lake Shore Rd. Hole 33 is (I think) the second left after the old Las Vegas Marina turn off. It's labeled pretty good. The problem I have seen with Hole 33 is you have to pack light it's a good walk to the water and all uphill back to the truck. [/font][/size]
[size 2]David [/size]
[signature]
[cool]Thanks WiNtErKiLLnv and SturgeonKid, just printed a copy of the map. I may have to get out of work early on friday to fish it. Thanks alot again.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks Powermaker, I think I'll check it out friday.I look for the road and the sign.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Yeah, I know what you mean it would just kill me to leave work early just to go fishing. I don't know how you could do something like that!!!!!! [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]
[signature]
well it looks like i wont be hitting mead with ya. wish i could have come down earlier. i kind of figured that was where you were i saw a couple of things in one of your pictures that looked familiar. even though the lake is so low and dont have much to go buy that was my guess. didnt say nothing since it was YOUR hole. im real partial to that myself. good luck on the mish.
[signature]