Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coleman (Toon) Paddle wheel Cruiser
Has anyone tried one of these? How did it rate?
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Well, Don, that certainly looks interesting. But, then again, interesting is an interesting word.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]My first impression is that it is strictly a novelty craft and that it would be difficult to get any real power into the propulsion without giving yourself a hernia. More like something you would rent for $10 an hour at a park pond.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
LOL,, yeah and I was thinking there'd be more water on the toon and person running it than under it on a windy day.. Sort of a ,, one man water fight!
[signature]
I bet you could adapt one of those electric scooter motors to that. That would sure give the Arthritis stricken fishermen a chance on the water.
[signature]
I USED TO SERVICE RASCAL SCOOTERS....I COULD SEE A TRANSAXLE OFF OF ONE BOLTED ONTO THAT THING AND THEM WHEELS WOULD CARRY YOU UP STREAM AT HIGH FLOW SPRING RUNOFF....THEY ALSO HAVE A SPEED CONTROL SO YOU COULD ADJUST TO ANY ONE OF 10 VARYING SPEEDS....FROM SLUG SLOW TO MATING JACKRABBIT FAST!!!! I HAVE IDEAS ABOUT THAT ONE.......

LATERS,
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey BADFISH, are you sure you are not related to Tim Allen. You seem to get wild and crazy ideas about tinkerin' with everything. Is it creativity or just a normal male mess with it gene?[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Wouldn't that be a hoot though? Have some smart guy in a PWC or hot bass boat come cruising past and you just lay the throttle over and throw twin rooster tails all over them as you blast by.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Biggest problem might be keeping from going airborn. Don't know the aerodynamics on those suckers, but you would likely need a super spoiler to hold it on the water.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Tongue][#004040][size 2]Now here is a thought. While riding your paddle wheel you could be flinging that new Drag Queen fly that cat_man invented. You can christen your tube the Paddle Queen!! Now did you really expect a civil reply?[sly][/size][/#004040]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Ted, I just thought that maybe you might like to look at a post I made on the Utah Board, about fly fishing in Utah Lake. I included a writeup and pics of some of the patterns. I will include the link below. Let me know if you would like it on the flyflingers' board.[/size][/blue]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=123370;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=123370;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
[cool][#408080][size 2]Hi Pat,[/size][/#408080]

[#408080][size 2]Certainly I think that your post on the Utah board would be very appropriate for the FF board. I think that more people would derive the benefits of you posting here just because of greater traffic it receives.[/size][/#408080]
[signature]
I'm getting a bit Confused about this paddle toon. Is it meant to be used with foot power like the little paddle boats you can rent at the local pond or is there a motor built in? Eighther way I guess it could work but wouldn't realy know until someone tries one out and reports on it's use.
[signature]