Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripers
The fish are moving north fast I have reports of stripers and Herring being caught in Hudson area. This weekend we should see them in the Albany area.
[signature]
Hey Chief, it would be nice if you could catch some and enter them in the 16 species contest. I don't have any freshwater entries yet but this weekend I am loading up my salties. I have plenty of entries for that.

I'm getting a siren put on my float tube as well. The new regs here want you to carry at least an air horn. I'm taking it one step further.
[signature]
[cool]Stripers and herring and shad all being caught in the main channel in the troy area. See you on the water in the morning.
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool]Fished from Castleton to Troy Sat. 4/24/04 from high tide to low tide. did manage herring and Shad in the troy area. Hopefully may 1st will be better. Watch for DEC they are checking boats and Shore fishermen, probably because there are reports of sturgen being caught in the 4 foot range. These are protected fish.
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool]Local reports of herring shad and stripers being caught regularly in the Albany area. Water temp is now in the mid 50's. The next two weeks are normally the best, hopefully I can catch one or two, for some pictures to post. good luck and see you on the river.
[signature]