Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Derby and Tournament
I am hosting a Kids Fishing Derby and Adult Fishing Tournament on Saturday, July 3rd, 2004 at the Bronson City Lake in Bronson, Kansas. The kids derby will be free. It will be from 8am to 11am. They will receive a prize for participation. The ages will be 15 and under. The divisions will be 5 to 9 and 10 to 15. I will be giving awards for the longest fish, shortest/smallest fish, most fish, and most unusual catch (like a turtle). It will be alot of fun. Awards will be presented at the lake along with free hotdogs and soda sponsored by our local FFA. Hopefully I will have a professional give a short talk and a demo. Bank fishing only. Catch and Release. Live bait or lures. If you are interested in donating anything for the kids please contact me.
If you are interested in the Adult Tournament, please e-mail me at mrcwoods@hotmail.com. I am still working the adult tourney out.
contact these people, it is too late for this year, but you can get a line up for next year.

ya never know there may be something left in the wear houses....

Adults who want to take their young anglers fishing can find events on the
official web site of the Wal-Mart Kids All-American Fishing Derby ---
[url "http://www.kids-fishing.com/"][#0000ff]www.kids-fishing.com[/#0000ff][/url]. Go to the Derby Locator section and enter your zip
code. The results will show the closest derbies, indicating where and when
they will be held and, often, how to get there.
[signature]
I did not see what state your event will be held.

you may want to post this event on the state board as well.
[signature]
Thank you for the information. I will look into it. The Kids Fishing Derby will be in Bronson, Kansas. I edited the original.
Thanks again for the info. Unfortuantly, they are closed for this year. [unsure]

I am on the wating list for next year. Hopefully I will receive some small donations for the kids this year.
[signature]
if you are attempting to do this on your own try hooking up with another organization like the "Jcees" "Eagles" "Moose" "Elk" "Scouts" "Boys and Girls club of America" "YMCA or YWCA" "Optimas" "4-H" or a multitude of other Local organizations in your area.

Chances are good that one of those orginizations would already have an intrest in your project, but lack a coordinator to get it rolling. Put your program down on paper and present it and you may just get swept right in the front door.

Many clubs ask that you pay to be a member of their club, but when you put dollars to donuts it is far more profitable than trying to run it on your own. Any one who has done this can attest to this fact.

You will quite often find both partisipants and manpower in one of these clubs. not to mention community willingness to partisipate and the green backs from the club wanting to get this program running.
[signature]
I was not properly logged on. It shows me as Guest. [crazy]
[signature]
I am still needing small tackle for prizes for the kids. I f you interested please e-mail me or send me a pm.
[signature]
[size 2]Bronson Bass Fishing Tournament

Bronson City Lake

Saturday, July 3, 2004

Start Fishing: 6:30 AM

Weigh-in: No later than 11:00 AM

$20 per person

$1 extra per person for Biggest Bass Pot

Tourney Pay Out:

30% Goes back to the Tournament

40% For total weight of 5 heaviest bass

30% For 2nd heaviest 5 bass.

100% Payback of Largest Bass of the Tournament

Rules

Can fish as an individual or in a team of two

Can fish from bank or boat

Wake Speed only

Weigh in no more than 2 bass at a time

Bass must be at least 15 inches long to weigh-in

Release bass after weigh-in

Finished fishing after weighing in 5 bass

No alcohol

*Contact Chris Woods at [/size][url "mailto:mrcwoods@hotmail.com"][#0000ff][size 2]mrcwoods@hotmail.com[/size][/#0000ff][/url][size 2] or at [/size]

[size 2]620-939-4572[/size]
[signature]