Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Chance to Catch a Fish??
I've been fishing Pineview the last couple of weeks with no luck. Where would be the best place to catch a fish this time a year (within a couple of hours of Layton)?? Also, let me know what species of fish I should be going for. I would prefer to use my boat so no rivers.

Thanks!
[signature]
Personally I'd concentrate on trout at this time, since they're a cold water fish. Strawberry's opening up and is supposed to be great from shore. Utah lake and willard might be good for walleye wipers, and both have catfish. Deer Creek and Jordanelle might be good and both have open water. I'm sure someone here's catching fish, but it hasn't been me the last few times out. I'm with you, waiting for pineview to heat up.
[signature]
Just noticed you're a Guinness drinker. Awesome! You can't beat a good beer especially a Guinness. I went to the brewery in Dublin, it was awesome. I also do a little home brewing, tried a Guinness clone; it was close but of course not a Guinness.

Thanks for the info!
[signature]
I'm a home brewer also - Love that India Pale Ale - Home Brew Rules..

I'm growing my own hops and should be making a batch in the next few weeks.
[signature]
We made an IPA back in the fall. Yes that is another one of my favorites. A couple of the Utah breweries make good IPAs. I love any real hoppy beer. Have you had Scorpion or Deadhorse by Moab Brewwery?

Wow, growing your own hops, you're ahead of me, that's cool.
[signature]
em you can catches big brown rocks ins how you says rocks creek[blush]
[signature]
I haven't started homebrewing yet, but I will eventually. Just waiting for some cash that nobody knows about.

I like deadhorse and scorpion, but give me a porter or stout any day. Polygamy porter baby!!!

There are a few homebrewers here, which I think is awesome. Next get together, we'll have to swap some brews. After I start brewing that is.

Do you guys have the mr beer type setups or do you have the full blown deals?
[signature]
We started out with Mr. Beer but graduated our way up to real beer making. With Mr. Beer your not making your own beer, your make an recipe someone else has put together. It's great to go buy different hops, malts, and yeasts and make your own recipe.
[signature]
It sounds like a lot of fun, but a little intimidating, when you read through all the stuff on the net. I'm sure it's not that difficult, unless you want it to be. I'm still stoked to do it. My wife says maybe father's day I'll get the stuff I need. I guess I'll have to be nice till then.
[signature]
[left]I know it seems intimidating at first but it's really easy. Mountain Brew in SLC is a good supply store to buy everything you need to get started. They will give you recipes and directions on how to brew your beer. [/left]
[signature]
I've been checking out their web page lately. Father's day isn't too far away.
[signature]
HOPs grows pretty fast doesn't it? Where can I get me some.
[signature]