Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Camping?
Does anybody know if Manuta is open for camping? Does the campground have a different name? I can't find any contact numbers on the net. Is there a good place to camp close to Mantua reservoir where you can ride ATVs? I would like to do some trail riding and fishing.

Thanks.
[signature]
I know there is a campground right next to the lake. I do notknow the name or how atv friendly they are.
[signature]
Mountain Haven Campground
130 N Main St
Mantua, UT 84324
435-723-1292

I've never stayed there myself, but I was thinking about going there in the next month or so. If you call, will you post your findings?

Thanks
[signature]
[red][size 3]The campground right across from the boat dock seems to be a private type affair. The Mantua campground is across town in a little ravine. At the first Mantua exit going up the canyon it is just to the right off that exit. There is a little creek that runs through it but it is a ways from the lake. It is quite pretty; my daughter had her wedding pictures taken there. My brother's family camped there two years ago and they all got sick. They suspected the water was contaminated but I suspect my sister-in-laws cooking. There are a few nice 4X4 trails in the area. [/size][/red]
[signature]
Hey neveronsunday, I think you're referring to Box Elder campground, which is run by the forest service. It's about a mile from the lake. I camped there once, and it wasn't bad.

The one in town is a private campground, but it's right by the lake.
[signature]
As far as the ATV riding, theres no ATV's allowed on the dike around the lake, and the rest is pretty much private in the immediate lake vicinity, but on the south end of town, theres plenty of ATV riding, you can even ride all the way up to willard peak, or back across north fork into the valley near pineview.
[signature]