Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas Trip
Alright Guys. I am heading to the Buena Vista area for the weekend to hit some trout in the Arkansas. I will let you know how it goes.
[signature]
[cool] I would appreciate that. My guess is that there should be some BWOs and caddis starting, particularly if you have some overcast (for the BWOs).
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Smile] Had a great weekend on the Arkansas between Salida and Buena Vista. We camped at Heckla Junction and walked upstream about 2 1/2 to 3 miles. Hatches were not furious but the fish were very active in the shallow riffles. BWO'S, Prince Nymphs, and Hares Ears were the flies of choice. Between the hours of 11am and 3pm we got into about 35 fish. Not a baad days work. The wind was our only enemy as there were only a hanfull of anglers in this stretch. This will be the place to fish in the next few weeks.
[signature]
We're heading for Texas Creek / Coaldale this morning. Will give a report when I get back.
[signature]
We fished a bunch of holes between Howard and Cotopaxi today. The water is a little murky and there was definitely nothing hatching, but the Rapalas did well. My cousin used a #11 rainbow trout pattern, and I used a #11 green minnow pattern. We caught 7 total and I know I lost at least 5. It was a windy day, but it wasn't too bad until later in the afternoon. Regardless of the wind, it was nice to get out of the Denver-metro area for the day.
[signature]