Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Dorado Park # 2
Here is a 9.2 pounder.

Another fish to prove shore anglers can catch the big fish.

It is good that urban fisheries have restritions for catch and release.
[signature]
Way to go Eric. It looks like you are getting the hang of that lake. How long is that rod you are using?? It looks almost like one of the dipping sticks that I use around the tullies.
[signature]
one rod is 6'6" the other is 7'0"and the third is 8'0"
[signature]
Sounds like they are right in the ideal range. I use a 6 1/2 and a 7footer myself. Where are your favorite places to fish?? Maybe we can cross lines some day.
[signature]
Right now I am pretty restricted to El Dorado.

I have a three month old that I take with me in his stroller.

It has been about a month since I got to fish any other locations.

Last time I got to tube I was at the second street bridge in Long Beach.

I will be moving back to Arizona in June so looks like El Dorado is it for now.
[signature]
I hope you enjoy yourself while you are still out here. It won't be long before your 3 month old will be able to hold a rod and give you some competition just as my 15yr old son does.

Where do you plan on moving to in AZ?? My dad lives out there. He moderates the AZ board and the Float Tube board. You have probably read some of his posts. His username is TubeDude.

Give him a holler as well. I'm sure he can recommend some good areas out there. I've only been to a couple of spots out there but he pretty much knows most of them.
[signature]
After living in NY, Florida, Arizona, and California, I would have to say that Arizona is one of my Favorites. It has a great versitility of freshwater sport fish there.

Check out my post Chevron lake on the AZ. board.

Your dad and I actually passed on Suguaro Lake , he was back by butcher jones while I was fishing the cove next to it.

I already got my sons first rod with a Zebco push button to start him off.

I am Goning to be living out in Gold Canyon. It is a short Drive to Apache, Suguaro, and Canyon.

With the trout stocks in Suguaro and Canyon my buddies have been pulling out some huge largemouths.

Not to mention the Flatheads out of Bartlet a little north.

I was Saddened to read about the dye off in Apache. It is one of my favorite lakes to fish out there. My wife and I had many sixty plus fish each days going for Small mouth.

Any word on the status of the bad news?
[signature]
I saw your AZ post. That was a nice brown. I liked the Buthcer Jones area when I fished there.

I haven't heard any new on the Apache area but I will check into it and keep things updated just as soon as I find out anything.

It sounds like you will be reasonable close to some good action out there in AZ. We'll get back to you later. (Congrats on the Who am I)
[signature]
[size 1]OneWhoFishes [/size], NICE BASS! I didn't know El Dorado had bass that size!!

We are looking for a good spot for for an upcoming kids event in June. Do you think El Dorado would be a good spot?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Eldorado is a great park for kids. There are large blue gills, Channel cats, and they stocked six hundred pounds of trout this past wed. The trout will not last long due to the large bass and ospreys but they can be cought for about week after the stock.

Fishing can be hard sometimes. There are days that we go and see only two to three fish caught.

The park charges a five dollar entry fee on weekends three dollars weekdays. They also have reserveation areas and camping. There is a ranger station in area three that has more info.

I would suggest fishing it a couple of times to get a better judge of the situation. Bass are catch and release only untill April 30th. They are already moving off the beds and chasing fry.

Small lures and crayfish imitations work well for average size bass. Larger lures ospreys, castaic trout imitation will work on the larger bass. If your interested in teaching dropshooting it is a great lake with well defind weed lines.
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

What's the closing time for El Do right now if I might be so bold to ask? Osperys!! Are you sure they are not our usual Commorant buddies that eat everything? I like osperys as they look more like hawks as opposed to looking more like ibis's, storks, and egrets.

My comments might be for the birds... Whatever...I just say watch out for your 3 month old hatchling.......

Congrats on the boobi Oh I mean the baby!

JapanRon
[signature]
At this time the park closes at 7:00 pm. On april 15th it changes to 8:00 pm.

There are a group of commorants that hang out eating anything they can catch and swallow. These are osprey there is a pair that show up the day after stocking like clockwork.

Thank for congrats. It has been fun.
[signature]
hi Eric...I'd like to go to El Dorado again to fish for bluegills...I went there once last year and it was great...are the bluegills bedding yet? can you see them easily from shore?...My 3yr old would have a blast with his new pole....which area is good for bluegills?
ken
[signature]
BC,

Yes the bluegill bite is going crazy. Remmember small hooks. They are being taken on meal worms and wax worms.

They are bedding. I see alot of people getting fivve inch plus gills in area three dirrectly behind the ranger station on the big lake.

The back lake of area three is also doing well just have to cast beyond the weed line.

The trout are down to nothing so bass have turned thier sights on the gills and shad. Small jigs in the evening are producing.

I saw one topwaterfish taken last night and lost a fish hooked on a white senko four inch. again the weeds a dangerous.
[signature]
Eldorado now closes at eight pm.

$3.00 mon - fri $5.00 sat & sun free one hour before closing.

I have not heard anymore about the Apache Lak situation.

That drive is insane I love it. Did you see the Van in the gorge by the rest stop.

I fish that lake whenever I can get the time. It always has some kind of bite happening.
[signature]
Welcome to all the guests out there. Please feel free to register. It won't cost a dime and you will be entitled to the member privelages. I have included a link at the bottom of the page. Please feel free to click on the New User Registration button at the bottom of my signature line.

Happy fishing and Welcome.
[signature]
Hi Guys...I finally got to visit El Dorado for the second time...the first time was last summer...I live up in Los angeles area so its a pretty far drive...we were gonna go to Long John's Silver on Katella and Knott...but when we got there....found out they shut down sometime ago...so...off we went to the lake...got there around 3pm...my son and I fished the area right by the rangers station...I caught a 8 inch shellcracker within a couple of minutes of fishing...and after that...the bite was off...I didnt catch any big ones till later around 6-8pm...I manage to catch a 10inch Shellcracker...and man that thing fought HARD!!!...I was using a 10 foot graphite telescopic pole with 2 lbs test on it...and man that really made it hard to pull it in...took me like almost a minute to pull it in...all while I wa shearing funny vibration noises something like when you pluck a guitar....it was the vibration transmitted to my line and rod everytime the fish makes a hard lunge....also caught a couple of 8 inch bluegills...I saw that the had signs stating that they close at 8pm...but at 7pm the rangers started making their rounds announcing that the lake is about to close...lol...
[signature]
Most of those city lake like to let you know well ahead of time so that you can repack your gear and be out by closing time.

Good job on the Bluegills. They are starting to bite at Castaic now. Early in the morning and late in the afternoon. If you decide to go, don't forget to bring some wax worms. They will bite on the nightcrawlers but they attack the waxies very verociously.
[signature]
Hey BC, I guess you forgot to sign in. ooops. No problem. I buy my wax worms at a reptile store. I pay 12.00 for 1000. That is alot better than the next lowest price sporting goods/tackle store which is 2.39 for 25. Check the local reptile stores in your area. You can save a lot of money.

There is a website that will gaurantee live deliver of meal worms. They cost 22.00 for 1000. Here is a link for you. [url "http://www.vadosbait.com/bait.html"]Bait and supply[/url]
[signature]
Hi TubeN2...whats up...when you say Reptile Store that means a regular Pet store right?...theres a couple of petstores in my area..but not any specific Reptile stores...I have never used waxworms but seems like everyone I bump into fishing for bluegills are using them...do you personally think they are better than mealworms?

Update: Man just checked with my local pet store and they had waxworms...but it was $4.99 for 50!!! Pretty exp for such a small amount...
[signature]