Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zebco Omega 6
Thanks men, for all your helpful suggestions. I am pleased to join your forum and hope to learn many additional things about the sport of fishing while being a member. I have been looking at the various spincast reels, and since I am used to the design and simplicity of the Zebco Classic 33, I have been looking favorably at the Zebco Omega 6. The hype that they are putting out about it sounds pretty good, but are there some of you that have actually used this reel ? I would like some input about it. I don't mind what the reel costs, as long as it runs quietly and smoothly. For those of you who don't jig fish for Crappie I can tell you that smoothness of retrieve is a necessity to feel the slight "ticks" on the line when a Crappie takes the jig in its mouth.(Some of them "wham it" others just take it gently in their mouth) I let the line run across my first finger of the left hand so I can "feel' the line better. Again, thanks to all of you for taking time to answer my previous question, and may your live wells stay full !!!

Bill English East Texas (40 miles from Lake Fork)
[signature]