Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Report
Launched amidst a slight ramp circus around 10:30 this morning and began in Calville Wash. Limited myself to just brown jig, dropshot and a senco texas rig. Moved over to a back bay in Calville and worked it thoroughly. No bites , very little shad sign. About 1:00 pm moved over to 33 Hole and fished the 2 north coves and the offshore islands on lee shore. Caught one bass on dropshot with salt and pepper magic worm. He came off a classic location; very slight ridge of a point exposed on the bank leading down into some chunk rock at 8ft. which dropped into 15 ft before another breakline. Caught him at about 13ft. Afterwards I noticed someone had made a 2 rock cairn at the location. Strugeon Kid perhaps?
Saw a small striper working a few shad up shallow on a point in the afternoon. Saw quite a few bank fisherman this afternoon, but saw no fish caught. Course I was kinda focused trying to learn how to dropshot.
Ended the day about 7:30 back inside Calville on some submerged rocks. Graphed some shad, and maybe a few bass in 33 Hole. There are 5 or 6 - 5 to 8 lb stripers hanging out under the boat docks in Calville now. Pinpoint said water temp 64.4 to 64.7 in the back bays. Totally different from 4 days ago. Had real post frontal feel to it.
[signature]
thanks alot for the detailed report!

sm
[signature]