Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turkey time
Well it's the 19 of april and who heading for the woods for a gobbler? My permit doesn't allow me to hunt till may 5. Can't wait!!!!!
[signature]
Scott went up saturday. shot gun in one hand and fishing rod in the other..
[signature]
Hey Stormy! called my first tom's in over the weekend while scouting, (I've never hunted turkey before). I had a blast.

My season opens on April 26th, looking forward to it also.
[signature]
i have plenty of them here at the house , but with the work schedule and my lust to fight some big fish i don't think i can take the time out to really enjoy the hunt as it should be done .

no bull guys , i can sit on the back deck and pick and choose the birds as they walk thru , but that just isn't hunting to me . up at deercamp , walking thru the huron national forest , watching springtime give birth to the wilds around me , thats the way to enjoy the springtime hunt . maybe next year .

i will tell you this , there's a lot of solitary hens out there this year , more than i've seen in the couple years than i've been coming up this way . get that call down pretty good , those lone birds will be giving you plenty of compitition .

i didn't win on the lottery , but was able to purchase a leftover or a statewide .

good luck to you fellow hunters of the big 14" beard .
[signature]