Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLL: Which freshwater fish species & size would you most prefer for a wall mount?
POLL: Which freshwater fish species & size would you most prefer for a wall mount? [ul] [li]10 pound Walleye
[/li] [li]25 pound Northern Pike
[/li] [li]10 pound Largemouth Bass
[/li] [li]2 1/4 pound Perch[/li][/ul]
[signature]
10lb Largemouth for me![cool]
[signature]
thats a tough one but i think that i would have to go for the 10lb walleye but only if it was darker grey or blue not the olive color
[signature]
Hey Bassmaster, I thought you would pick some big fish species to put up. ha ha. Over here in Cali I am after the 25lb LargeMouth. I would probably have to fight the officials to keep him for the wall so maybe I would only settle for putting up a 20lb LMB.

Thanks for the Poll also. I would like to invite different members to come up with different polls every week.
[signature]
10 lb. largemouth for me too. I'm not as skilled nor have I ever met Torpedo Tommy, so I must say that.

I'd love to have some perch in an aquarium though! I've always thought they look like tropical fish with their bright greenish yellow color and dark black tiger stripes!
[signature]
I'LL HAVE TO GO WITH A 10# LARGEMOUTH. A 10# WALLEYE I WOULD HAVE TO EAT YUM YUM.
[signature]
Hey Cat, I'm going to look for Tommy this weekend. I hope he doesn't mind getting his picture taken.[cool]
[signature]
What? Only a 25 pound Northern on the list? That's way too small to consider mounting.

A 10 pound Largmouth would be worthy of mounting if caught here in Minnesota. Heck, it'd be a new state record. Would I get to keep it for mounting?

10 pound Walleye would be a fun catch but they definitely get larger. So that's out of the question.

That 2 1/4 pound Perch would be mighty tempting but I'd rather have him in my aquarium.

I'd mount that 70 pound Flathead Catfish or that 60 pound Carp. Or how about that 50 pound Muskie?

But if I had to stick with the list you gave, my first choice to mount would be teh Perch.
[signature]

Northern

It would look cool beside a barracuda. Not the little Pacific/California guys but the big 'ol mean 70, 80, and 90 pounders.

JapanRon
[signature]
lol. You got it made there in Cali[Wink] with all those 20 pounders roaming around. I hope you catch the big one[cool]!! I guess I was thinking of the "less fortunate" states when I said 10lbs[Wink][Tongue]. Best of luck to you.
[signature]
[cool] I didn't mean to downsize my neighbors or anything. Heck, i used to think that we had big Cats here. Our state record is only 101lbs for a blue. Look at Texas.

Every state has their specialties in fish. I guess we just have to appreciate what we have while we have it. Thanks for the Poll and I hope some more members come up with some as well.
[signature]
[cool][#004040][size 2]10 lb LMB. Don't want to clutter up my walls with big stuff. Would really prefer a 20" Steelhead![/size][/#004040]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4151;]
[signature]
I'll take the 10lb. LMB any time. Very few of those size here in CT. I do know a place that has a 8.5lb that was caught and weighed last summer by the state and C&R by a friend. Maybe this summer it will make 10 and I'm lucky enough[Wink]
[signature]
HERE IS A LIST ON MY MINIMUM LENGHTS ARE

> 30 INCH WALLEYE ( 10 LBS )

>44+ INCH PIKE (30 LBS )

>24 INCH BASS ( 8 LBS )

> 2 1/2 LB PERCH ( ALL READY HAVE ON THE WALL )

IM WAITING FOR THE PIKE

>
[signature]
you gotta come visit me here in the mit ![cool]

those lil' 20" steelies go back in the water , we'll getcha a big ol' 15 pounder or better for sure . [Wink]

saw a guy hook one at tippy dam last fall darn near four foot ( actually a little over 3 feet but you know how fish grow after a time of telling a story )[crazy]

yep , i'm living in the land of big fish and working the job of little time left over .
[signature]
[Tongue][#004000][size 1]Well I will stick with my 20" steelie. I don't have a trophy room to hang a mamoth catch. It is not bragging rights that I am looking for just something nice to complement my den. Nor do I have any place to hang this sucker>>>>>[/size][/#004000]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4389;]
[#004000][size 1][/size][/#004000]
[signature]
I would go with the 2 1/4 pound pearch. Cheaper to mount!
[signature]
i know the price varies from state to state and fish to fish , but what are you guys paying per inch ?

around here it's $10.00 to $14.00 per inch on trout .

can't afford mounting fish at those prices , but i got some sweet pics ![cool]
[signature]
That's the kicker to any mounting. The $$$ involved.[shocked]
[signature]
We had a guy looking to pay 11.00 an inch, and that is really inexpensive here.
[signature]