Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elevenmile?
Never fished it from my boat. What tips for catching the rainbows, pike and kokanee there?
[signature]
Any specific areas to avoid cuz of wicked rocks? I'd hate to try and swim to shore with those pike in there! LOL
[signature]
great tip and advice good info on pike thanks.
[signature]
I always hike into the big coves on the North side. They get little pressure and they face the south sun all day, so they will be a couple of degree's warmer. Thats why they spawn there!

When you come into the mouth of the bays, throw some big Husky Jerks towards the rock points at the mouth of the bay! Once you get to the back weedy area in shallow water, forget the heavy stuff like spinnerbaits, spoons and heavy cranks. Everyone throws that! Like Dave said, go light and subtle. You have seen all the large soft plastics I carry, use your imagination! I did well one day last spring on a 1/2 oz black flipping jig with a big black pork frog added. Choose something that will not make a big splash!

Those fish will stay in those coves and the points around them till the water gets warm sometime in June. After that, all you will catch is little snakes. I have no idea where the big fish disperse to?

I plan on trying some trolling around the islands with deep divers this summer?
[signature]