Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake! Snake!
[size 1]spring has sprung out of the gound in a big way today. [/size]

[size 1]While cleaning the wood pile today I came across my first snake of the season, as with any season the first snake always comes as a surprize`[shocked]'[/size]

[size 1]I was just glad to see it was only a 3-foot gardner snake. minutes later I came aceoss my second only half the size of the first. both moved off safely out of harms way. both soon will be seeking a new home, the pile is leaving for good.[/size]

[size 1]Spiders every where, my house is full of them, ROUND ONES BROWN ONES SHORT ONES BLACK ONES YELLOW ONES BLACK WITH WHITE HOUR GLASS ONES TAN ONES HARY ONES BALD ONES STRIPED ROUND ONES ITCY BITCY ONES AND GRATE BIG FAT ONES.[/size]

[size 1]All crawling on every very thing. including my monitor [/size][size 1]and yes me too...[/size]

[size 1]And not a bowl of borage any where [shocked][/size]

[size 1]my cheri trees are in full bloom my garden is half planted, Carp are jumping in the lake.[/size]

[size 1]I was cleaning my scrap metal yesterday and a couple of mateting robins decided to do the wild thing on my sholder[shocked]! What do you charge for a robin for a sholder?[/size]

[size 1]things are getting realy wild around my house, havent seen the rattle snake yet but I am on my gard now[/size]

[size 1]OH did I mention the misquitos?[/size]

[size 1]Is any ones skin crawling yet?[/size]
[signature]
seen a few painted and box turtles on the side of the road , one flat snake on the road , skeeters are year round up here , even in the dead of winter . i think they hide in the firewood bark .

lil' red ants and black ants , plenty of the spiders too , but i'de watch the " hour glass " spiders , they could shorten up your retirement plans in a hurry .

the chipmonk has moved out of the attic and back to the deck , it's his favorite spot to tourment the wonder mutt .

i don't think spring offically starts to us michigan anglers untill midnight friday night . ya better get a good afternoon nap in tomorow .

i will be up at the foote , it'll be nice to put a eye or two on a stringer , come home and catch a brookie and have a fish dinner fit for a king .

good luck to you for saturday .
[signature]
oh yea , the frog songs ! you guys been hearing them too ?
[signature]
I just spent the opener on the huron river last night, the frog song was just beginning. not vary many singing but yes there were deffenatly a few. I am sure there will be more joining in a couple days when we get a worm rain to bring up the rest of them from their mud hibernation.
[signature]
i was driving down highway 65 near 5 channels dam going twards glenny a week ago and thought the jeep was in need of repairs . it turned out to be the hoppers singing there love sonets .
[signature]
time to pull out the spray can, the white flies and skeeters are out.....[shocked]
[signature]
Saw a few gardner snakes over the last few days , frogs are singing their songs as well .

I was doing some yard sprucing and got a bit of the old Poison Ivy blues on tuesday , by wendsday evening I was pretty much in full blume with the rash .
Most of it is gone now , just a few areas have the rash .

Even with all this warm weather a few mounds of snow remain along the roads .
[signature]
we had dragonflies out on monday.... yude thout it was mid june around here....
[signature]
As far as insects we have moths , wasps and ants !
NOOOO skeeters (knock on wood ) , but I have started my worm boxes while doing the yard work !

Oh yea , plenty of snakes this spring !
Lucky me being the brave dad that I am , corral the snakes and carry them off to the woods almost every other hour or two that the girls are outside .
No toad sightings though , usually they are the first to show up .
[signature]