Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Water Fishing
[font "Arial"]Envision a small lake on a quiet morning at sunrise covered with patches of lily pads and seeing large bass busting the surface in pursuit of bait. This is when you grab a rod with a topwater lure tied on and get ready for the experience of a lifetime. This doesn't mean that this is the only time you can fish a topwater lure as they will work almost anytime and under many conditions.[/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]Topwaters are best when fished around heavy cover. Look for areas that have fallen trees,grass,bullrushes or even an old boat dock. If you become adapt to throwing the lures around this type cover with good accuracey,you will catch many fish. Open water areas surrounded by submerged grass can be an excellent place to have a bass crash your lure.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]There are basically four types of topwater lures in common use today. These include Chuggers, Stick baits, prop baits, and soft plastic weedless lures. Chuggers are those lures like a Storm Chug Bug, Pop"R", and or the old Heddon Chugger. Probably the most famous stickbait,made famous by Charlie Campbell, is the Heddon Zara Spook. A good example of a soft plastic topwater would be a Scum Frog or Rat. and then maybe the easiest of all to fish is the prop bait. The very popular Devils Horse and "Tiny Torpedo" are very easy to use and produce thousands of fish each year all over the world.My personal favorite is a handmade custom bait by Fish Head Lures.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]The most common failure among topwater fishermen is impatience. You must slow down and take your time when fishing topwater lures. Just enjoy the surroundings and cover each area thoroughly and completely.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 3]If you will try some topwater fishing this season you will that the attack of a largemouth on a topwater is more exciting than almost any other type of fishing. Take these tips and HAVE FUN.[/size][/font]
[signature]
When I'm topwater fishing, most of the time my first lure that I tie on is a Pop'R. I've caught so many fish on that its crazy. In fact the bass that I am holding in my signiture I caught on a Pop'R[cool]. Some other goods ones are the Spit N Image and Heddon torpedo. I've caught alot of smallmouth on the torpedo, the one with the orange belly I have the most luck with[Smile].
[signature]
man now your talking some of the best fish i have caught have been on spiters love the explosive hits
[signature]
one of my favorite topwater lures to use is the zara spook , i love the way it works and i have caught plenty of bass on it to. last year when i was in minnesota i discovered a new top water lure that i like. a double bladed buzz bait. it was the most annoying thing ever but it worked the fish would just explode out of the water after it.
[signature]
try and drill some holes in the blades put about 5 to 10 holes and it will increase the catch of your topwater buzzbait.
[signature]
thanks daymere ill have to give that a try[Smile]
[signature]
it gives it bubbles to trail and works really well
[signature]