Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing in Folly Beach area in May
[size 1]I am planning a trip to the Charleston SC area, specifically Folly Beach in mid May. I am looking for a guide for an inshore trip, for places to go after the guided trip and what tackle should I take with me?

Also, does anyone know about casting for shrimp that time of year? It looks like the big shrimp are caught in Sept, but will it still be worth the cost of a net to throw it in May?

Thank you [/size]
[signature]
Shrimping is pretty much nonexistant in the spring months. It's like you said, it's more of a fall type of ordeal. There are plenty of good guides in Folly Beach, have you decided on which one to go with. I usually fish out of Murrells Inlet since I know the water quite well there. Spring holds plenty of great fishing up and down the coast.

As for tackle, it really depends on what you're trying to catch as to what type of tackle to bring along. What type of fish do you primarily like to target? During the spring, there is alot to choose from. When the water warms up a bit, you can get nice king Mackerel inshore. As well as some nice sea bass, sheephead, flounder, and red drum. [cool]
[signature]