Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lanier stripers
Been getting into a few stripers lately. Starting to get some top water biters. although most are coming off my flat lines and bucktail jigs. Still learning, plan to start trolling crankbaits. The fish are hitting along rock banks and points and islands. Need to move around till you find them. Been getting into fish along the dam all week with only 2 or 3 other boats in the area. Went back this morning to the dam and there was at least 20 boats in the area, guess word got out. Still haven't caught any big one's, about 7 lbs. is the biggest. But i'll keep trying.
[signature]
Hey Poncho, It looks like you did a good job on the stripers. That big one will come your way pretty soon. It looks like the lake conditions are perfect as well. Thanks for sharing the report with us and well catch your next one as it happens.
[signature]
great photos, you may want to add them to the wall of fame[Wink]
[signature]
Hey Poncho, been on Lanier lately for Stripers? I'm gonna try this weekend...

~Glenn
[signature]
We have moved to Connecticut about 30 mins. from the ocean. Have fished a few lakes in the area and caught a few fish. I plan on fishing the long island sound real soon the stripers and fluke fishing is hot right now, so i need to get out there.
[signature]
I grew up on Long Island and my Dad and I fished for blues out of Hempstead harbor. Miss those days...

We never hit stripers then, so go n' tear em' up for us! [Smile]

~Glenn