Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yaaaahooooo!!!
I came to check out posts on strawberry for tomarrow (taking the little kids up to do some trolling)and I noticed a e-mail from dwr which read,hunt 16-343 manti anybull...sucessfull only they spelled it right.It's only been 10 long years coming,now I can get skunked tomarrow,and it will still be a great day!But any recent reports on trolling strawberry(for the little kids would be appreciated)yaaaaahooooo!!!!! Lonnie
[signature]
That is awesome. Let some one else hold your gun for ya so you don't shoot the first 6 point you see. We have property in 12 mile canyon and I'm down there alot to look at the elk. Curious on what part of the Manti you will be hunting? I know that side of the mountain pretty good and also know Scofield a little too. Good luck, but then you already got the hard part over, DRAWING THE TAG!!! As for Strawberry I don't know. I missed the premo ice off this year, but I think many of us did. I would work the shallows close to shoreline with crawlers on spinner rigs just under the surface, no weight needed. Or 1/16 oz tiny tot in black or a black wooley bugger. Keep cruising till you find fish. They might be spread out pretty good with the ice off. Good luck and give us a report would ya?
[signature]
Thanks fishman,I don,t know the 12 mile area very well though I do know faron canyon on the other side quite well.I do most of my hunting in the huntington canyon area(thats where I know best)however I,m open to wherever I can locat the biggest bull.So if you would keep your eye's out in that area I would be very greatful.Thanks again Lonnie
[signature]
Congratulations!!! You are one lucky bugger! I'd love to have that manti tag. If it were me, I'd hunt up by scofield west. In the winter cow hunting I've seen bulls that go 380+. They killed the #5 bull in there 2 years ago. I actually saw that monster! A lot of the elk are up in the higher country till the snow hits. Good luck. You shouldn't need it with that tag, though!
[signature]
Awsome what a great draw.
[signature]
Congrats. After 10 years you certainly deserve it. Better take lots of pictures to share with us[Wink]..
[signature]