Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry report sat 4/24
Hit the berry yesterday with my 8 yr old daughter and her freind,and my 11 yr old boy.We trolled repalas from about 10 to 2:30 and caught 14 all between 20-24" all cuts,and all released.we also had several outhers on and several outhers hit(8 year olds are'nt real proficient at hooking and holding)I sure laughed watching them bring in all the fish though,the action was real steady,every 5-6 min for hits,however because of the fast action it was hard for me to get a turn on one of the poles.Can you say "you drive the boat dad" Oh well it was still alot of fun.By the way we trolled in renegade and the narrows. Lonnie
[signature]
You gotta love that. When you can't keep 20" fish off and you've got the kids with you.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. How fast were you guys trolling? Were you using leaded line, riggers, dipsy's, or just long lining it?
[signature]
We used larger countdown repalas in rainbow and black over white,and we long lined them with only the repalas on (not even a swivel)they were the hot ticket,atleast yesterday. Lonnie
[signature]