Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 4/25/04
SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Is not even the word I should use but it works,Had a few fish on but dont think they where wipers,Caught a cat fish,and my son caught a small mouth,and nothing for my brother-in-law,Fished all over and didn't really even mark many fish on the finder,the water level is still very low so be careful out there,water temp was 53 to 56.

Ran into polokid,Very nice guy he let me know that they didn't do that great either,no one I talked to had caught any wipers or walleye.

Later,FNF
[signature]
At least you guys caught something! What were the water temps like?
[signature]
Sounds like a normal day at Willard in the spring. Predator has told me about fishing at Willard years ago when he had 50 fish days but that has not been my experience at least for the last few years. May is when the catching will start getting good, depending on the water temp. look for the water temp to stay over 60* for over a week. I think it will be in the next few weeks but last year it wasn't until the end of May. I think I'll try later in the week for some morning fishing but the afternoon is the best time for early season catching. One more thing that I've found important, fish deep, yea you might catch some catfish but you can also catch some walleye and hopefully a few wipers. Good luck on your next trip out. WH2
[signature]
We fished Willard also on sunday. Fished the west dike from shore. Was hoping to see some carp close so my son could get a few with the bow. The water is up to the rocks but bearly.Had a few bits and did get one wiper about 2lbs. on a worm off the bottom. DWR was out checking licenses. I felt kinda bad for him driving along the dike and getting in and out with all those bugs. But good to see they are out checking, I have only been checked once before.
[signature]
It was nice to meet fishinfool, I was out on Willard on Saturday with Petty and had a few bites, but no takers. My buddy jason wanted to go sunday, so i took him out and once again skunked, I tried everything in the tackle box, but in the next few weeks it will pick up.
[signature]
I finally got my but out to the bay Sunday as well. My wife caught two nice wipers on a soft plastic pearl minnow. I trolled all my new stuff and never saw my pole move. We went out to the Island first. By the way the bouy is floating off to the south of the island. I marked the high spot about 60 yards north of the bouy at about 1.5 feet deep. I did however mark alot of fish on the East side of the island in about 5 feet, but no takers. We then went over by the pig farm and thats where we caught the two wipers. The depth varies from 2 feet to 5 feet in that area. We marked some fish but mostly singles that were few and far between. The temp was 58deg. I only saw one other boat with one small wiper. Maybe WH2 is right and next month will be better.
[signature]
I HOPE IT PICKS UP BY SATURDAY. THATS WHEN I PLAN TO LAUNCH MY BOAT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR. SHE HAS A NEW FLOOR AND SEATS. THE REMODEL FROM HELL. I HOPE IT WORKS WELL WE WILL SEE. [crazy]

IS ANYONE ELSE PLANNING ON GOING OUT ON SATURDAY I AM TAKING ALAN (AL)
[signature]